Author Topic: CZ 75 D rear sight Allen Wrench Size  (Read 857 times)

Offline Konko

CZ 75 D rear sight Allen Wrench Size
« on: January 07, 2022, 06:33:20 PM »
Hi all...
Here again looking for your dear help...I just received my Dawson night sights for my CZ 75 D...installed the front one without doing any damages, sheer luck and patience...lol...but could not complete task...rear sight (oem) screw, needs an Allen wrench to remove the lil screw, the tool that came with he Dawson is too big...Anyone happens to know which size of wrench tool I should buy...much appreciated your kind help.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ 75 D rear sight Allen Wrench Size
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 06:44:49 PM »
I THINK it may be 1/16. You could take the slide to the hardware store with you to be sure though. If you are going to do this type of work I would order a good gunsmith screwdriver set. I have an 89 pc. Wheeler set that has various standard blade/Phillips screw bits, various torx and allen sizes as well as some gun specific bits. These kits are a must have for anyone working on their guns at home.

Offline Konko

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 07:58:25 PM »
Thanks a lot for your help...for sure will buy that tool you suggested...much appreciated..will check Amazon and/or e Bay for that handy tool.

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 10:38:38 PM »
the ones I've removed were 1/16".

I would have expected metric, and a 1.5 mm seems like it would work, but it is just a little too small to grip.   :o
I don't look like my avatar!