Author Topic: Is there an advantage to the standard trigger over the Omega for lefties?  (Read 577 times)

Offline Sheepdoggit

I read that the bump on the Glock Gen4 triggers was engineered to make them more reliable for left handed shooters as pulling the trigger either hand makes a difference over the long haul.

I wondered if the Omega might actually be a disadvantage now that the trigger bar is only on one side.

I probably would just get the standard P-01, for example, but I hear the Omega is supposed to be better and more reliable. Is this really true?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Ron M.

Re: Is there an advantage to the standard trigger over the Omega for lefties?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:42:47 PM »
I can't tell you if there's some mechanical disadvantage, but my left handed wife's favorite pistol is my 75B Omega. She doesn't seem to have any trouble with the trigger and shoots the pistol very well. She's up to 8500 rounds through the pistol and I can't find any unusual wear or see any unexpected issues.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »
I am a lefty. I prefer The classic CZ trigger system but not because i am left handed. When it comes to tuning, the classic trigger system still has the edge as i see it. The only CZ i own with the Omega system is my P-09,  i have learned a few things from it. The Omegas may have the edge out of the box in stock config. The Omega also have some parts support for tuning these days but as i see it the classic trigger system has more potential over all at the moment. The models available with the omega trigger system are also limited. There are no SP-01, RAMI, or 85B Omegas. The Shodows and Shdowline CZs use the classic trigger system as well. Just my opinion, there are certainly plenty of folks who prefer the Omegas. I do not see how an Omega would be "better or more reliable" though. A little smoother out of the box is the best asset i have been able to come up with for the Omega. The interchangeable safety/decocking levers are nice but i prefer the levers and lever options available for the classic trigger system CZs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:14:36 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline IFFV68

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »
I'm Left Handed. I've been that way all of my life.
I didn't know there was any difference in triggers? You just practice with what you have.
Like Red Miller of the Denver Broncos once said. You either get better or worse. Nothing stays the same.
Good Luck
We will have a Safer Country and a Safer World without Guns--Adolf Hitler--1936

Offline Sheepdoggit

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:47:11 PM »
Thank you for your feedback everyone!

anything