Author Topic: New recoil pad  (Read 3232 times)

Offline tsl34

• CZ Sporter and CZ Super Scroll Combo
New recoil pad
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »
Hello all, I just purchased my first CZ, a Sporter Standard Grade G2. Have only shot twice so far but the gun feels great. I wanted to look for suggestions for a recoil pad to change out for the stock pad that came on the gun. I'm shooting twice a week, either 50 or 100 each time out. Mainly shooting skeet and sporting clays but we do have a 6 week 5 stand league in the fall as well. I'd like to add a bit on length of pull and don't shoot from a full mounted position. Any suggestions on good recoil pads?

Offline Heisenberg

Re: New recoil pad
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
Kick Eez is pretty much the go-to recoil pad.  They have a few different designs and lots of sizing options, though they usually need to be ground to fit unless you don't mind a little overhang.  They also make some spacers if you're looking to add a very small amount to your LOP.

Offline DeltaGray

Re: New recoil pad
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »
A late post reply but I liked what Heisenberg said.  I like Kick Eez products and there are different sizes but also different thickness of pad.  Regarding design of pad and not shooting from full mounted position, I might suggest looking at what I might call sporting clay pad (with beveled top edge) to not get the stock pad hung up or caught on vest or shirt.  I have only picked up a CZ Sporter G2 but did not fire it.  I was not wearing my vest but I might have wanted a small amount to my LOP. 

anything