Author Topic: Would you buy a single stack PCR???  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Stopsign32v

Would you buy a single stack PCR???
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:48:43 AM »
I saw the RAMI thread but I'm not a fan of no where to put my pinky. I can shoot fine with my pinky hanging off but I don't enjoy it.

With that said I feel a single stack PCR that is as thin as possibly would literally sell like bread on the shelves in the south with a snow storm coming.

Maybe if we make enough noise CZ will notice???

Offline actvlsnr

Re: Would you buy a single stack PCR???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
Yesssss

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:07:25 AM »
Basically CZ's answer to Sig's P225

Offline TNman

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »
Yes........
IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:20:16 AM »
I saw the RAMI thread but I'm not a fan of no where to put my pinky. I can shoot fine with my pinky hanging off but I don't enjoy it.

With that said I feel a single stack PCR that is as thin as possibly would literally sell like bread on the shelves in the south with a snow storm coming.

I'm not sure how you relate the length of the grip (missing pinky space) to the width of it (single-stack slimness). I think people would also enjoy a single-stack RAMI for the same reason they might enjoy a single-stack compact.

Anyway, regarding the pinky, add the Pierce grip extension to the RAMI and it becomes a wonderfully comfortable pistol. In fact, I find the RAMI more comfortable than the PCR. I'm going back and forth between both, but the RAMI captivates me more. In my hands, it points better. In the end, it's different for everyone, depending on everyones hand size.

But don't let yourself turned away by the short stock grip of the RAMI. If you get a chance to try one with an extension (a friend or for rent at a range), give it s shot (pun intended). :)

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »

I'm not sure how you relate the length of the grip (missing pinky space) to the width of it (single-stack slimness). I think people would also enjoy a single-stack RAMI for the same reason they might enjoy a single-stack compact.

Anyway, regarding the pinky, add the Pierce grip extension to the RAMI and it becomes a wonderfully comfortable pistol. In fact, I find the RAMI more comfortable than the PCR. I'm going back and forth between both, but the RAMI captivates me more. In my hands, it points better. In the end, it's different for everyone, depending on everyones hand size.

But don't let yourself turned away by the short stock grip of the RAMI. If you get a chance to try one with an extension (a friend or for rent at a range), give it s shot (pun intended). :)

I've owned a RAMI, sold it within a week. More people dislike the RAMI than the PCR. Why add a goofy grip extension when I can have a solid compact 75? RAMI? Not for me.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
Nope. I know every one's a fan of single stacks these days but a gun the size of the PCR which is already the perfect size and capacity thinned down to hold less ammo makes no sense to me. I'd just as well go back to carrying my old S&W 3913.

Offline Deadtom

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
My PCR is already thin enough with thin aluminum grips. I don't think the capacity/width trade would be worth it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
I'd just as well go back to carrying my old S&W 3913.

Exactly, except the CZ would be better.  8)

Offline everydefense

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »
I wish there was a CZ comparable to the Ruger LC9s. Alas, there is not, and likely never will be, so I bought myself an LC9s Pro.

Even with aluminum grips, the PCR (which is my favorite pistol) is still 26% wider than the fantastic (for CC) 0.90" grip width of the LC9s. With normal grips the PCR is 55% wider than the LC9s, which I'm sure is what kicked off the OP's idea for this thread.

Since it's never going to be my carry gun, I leave the normal-sized grips on the PCR for better comfort at the range.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:25:04 PM by everydefense »

Offline bm303

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »
Absolutely, don't care what the price is, first day it's out I am buying it. I LOVE my PCR but in reality having a single stack PCR with thin grips would be a great compromise between comfortability while still having a really fine firearm.

Offline burley

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »
I've never shot any firearm with my fifth finger.
May have used it milking a cow but never on a firearm.
I think WAY to much is made about, "Oh, my little finger.
Blah blah blah."
 Seriously, now, when I'm missing low left i think, "Remember
your manners", and lift my fifth finger off the stock.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 05:58:18 PM »
Like any firearm, it fill a niche........double stacks are nice no doubt about that, BUT I do believe CZ should make the natural progression into the slimmer single stacks......just seems logical, they make great firearms....a single stack 9mm the profile of a PCR but slimmer width, with the same DA/SA operation, even in a steel frame vs aluminum alloy since to me size (width) is more the issue, weight is kinda secondary.......this would be what the doctor ordered!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:02:51 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »
I've never shot any firearm with my fifth finger.
May have used it milking a cow but never on a firearm.
Blah blah blah."
 Seriously, now, when I'm missing low left i think, "Remember
your manners", and lift my fifth finger off the stock.

Thank you...for that........I think...?  ???

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
Blah blah blah."

Not really too much at all. Depends on the gun.  Having the pinky hanging out is no big deal if your shooting light calibers even up to 9mm but try a .357 magnum J frame even the all steel models and it gets pretty un fun too shoot pretty fast.

anything