Author Topic: CZ-75B Single Action....Best kept secret in CZ Land?  (Read 5657 times)

Offline JBLee

CZ-75B Single Action....Best kept secret in CZ Land?
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »
With a street price of less than $600.00 and a SUPER SMOOTH single action trigger is the CZ-75B SA the best kept secret in the land of CZ? I think so. I can't get over how much I enjoy shooting this pistol. Though I own a CTS and a Tactical Sport, I just can't get over how nice these 75B SA's shoot. I am a real fan of the traditional 75B style and prefer them to the newer series of CZ pistols, I don't like change I guess, so getting excited over the single action version of the 75B really isn't much of a surprise after all. The trigger is superb and the reset is very tactile and easy to master, producing fantastic results at the range. I added Cajun "Old guy" sights to the slide and the result is a fantastic, easy to acquire sight picture. The new rear sights also add an extra 1/2" to the guns sight radius...bonus. If you have not tried a SA 75 yet I would suggest that you do. You won't know what you are missing until you give it a go.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-sa-9mm-black-16-rd-mags/

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:32:31 PM by JBLee »
No matter where you go..there you are - Buckaroo Banzai

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ-75B Single Action....Best kept secret in CZ Land?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:06:05 AM »
My youngest really likes shooting his.  It's got a bunch of CGW parts in it, too. 

The last time we went shooting I tried to get him to shoot a couple CZ 75 Compacts I brought to the range and he kept telling me that he just wanted to shoot his 75 SA.  I finally got him to shoot my project Compact a total of 5 rounds, but he went right back to the 75 SA.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »
Why is the hammer down? :)

Offline graewulf

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 09:55:31 AM »
OK stupid question time. What's the advantage over the 75B? The 75B works in single action when cocked anyway, and is always cocked when loaded unless you manually decock it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
OK stupid question time. What's the advantage over the 75B? The 75B works in single action when cocked anyway, and is always cocked when loaded unless you manually decock it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

The single action set up works like the 1911's, very little to no trigger take-up, very little to no over travel, flatter trigger face......the feel/ function is just different......as far as "advantage" its subjective, more preference than anything.

Offline Captain Jack 805

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
I would agree that the SA is a hidden gem. When I first got turned on to CZs I shot an SP01 from CZC and a Cajunized 75b. When I started looking for my first CZ it must have been between runs because the only model i found was a SA and im glad i did. Great guns and they are even better after a little work.

The "free" upgrades between the 75SA and 75B are easily worth it by themselves. Extended controls, full beavertail and added weight from the full width slide all contribute to an easier shooting gun overall.

I liked mine so much it got turned into a CGW Copperhead!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:09:26 PM by Captain Jack 805 »

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »
I need to know about that "old guy" rear sight. Could not find it on the cgw site. Like you I have a SA only and love it. I went a step further and added a  cgw comp hammer and since its just a range gun I eliminated the fps and installed the spacer. Got to believe it compares to any shadow. Let me know about the sight. I installed a LPA adjustable and did not like the sight picture for my old eyes. The LPA is for sale.

Offline Captain Jack 805

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
I need to know about that "old guy" rear sight. Could not find it on the cgw site. Like you I have a SA only and love it. I went a step further and added a  cgw comp hammer and since its just a range gun I eliminated the fps and installed the spacer. Got to believe it compares to any shadow. Let me know about the sight. I installed a LPA adjustable and did not like the sight picture for my old eyes. The LPA is for sale.

He's probably talking about the EZD Fixed Rear. Its designed for shooters "over 40"...
https://cajungunworks.com/product/ezd-9-40-for-9mm-and-40-sw/

Offline Ruber

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
Yep!

I like the frame and controls, but wish they came with less creep and a shorter reset.

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
creep and reset - just do what I did- see  earlier comment

Offline JBLee

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 09:27:08 PM »
The Cajun EZ D sights are exactly what I am referencing, I have them on all my 75's now and my P09 & 97B too. Fantastic addition. Great for our old eyes. Easy install too, if you can round up a sight pusher.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:34:07 PM by JBLee »

Offline JBLee

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »

Was the Comp Hammer a "Drop-In" for you or did it require some fitting. And is the FPS spacer a Cajun part? I don't remember seeing it.

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 02:41:35 AM »
Comp hammer drops in but you need to modify the top part of the sear where it contacts the safety OR buy the cgw adjustable sear. I have done both. The cgw adjustable sear saves a lot of time. If you remove the fps from the slide you may want to remove its lifter piece in the sear cage. The cgw part is "S-spacer". This goes in place of the lifter piece. do a search- lots of good videos to show all of this

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 02:49:02 AM »
Was the EZ D front sight a drop in ?

Offline JBLee

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »
Sorry for the slow reply, been busy, yes it is a "drop-in" no additional fitting required.

anything