Author Topic: P-01 versus P-01 Omega  (Read 2569 times)

Offline adkcz

P-01 versus P-01 Omega
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »
I am contemplating my next CZ purchase (currently a happy P-07 owner).  From researching old posts I understand the general differences between the P-01 and P-01 Omega (such as the trigger system, ability to swap to/from safety version, sights, etc.).

Are there specific reasons you would favor one over the other that I should consider?

Offline TexanFX2

Re: P-01 versus P-01 Omega
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
From my understanding, the P-01 is based off the classic C75 trigger vs the Omega which is not as "polished", but it is easier to work than the classic C75 trigger.

This being said, I have shot both...and I like the classic trigger better.
Cajunized SP-01 | Cajunized Shadow 2 + CZ Kadet

Offline eastman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
The P-01 is very hard to find, the P-01 ? is virtually impossible to find. Buy whichever you find first, then buy whichever you find second for good measure.  O0
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Mf1ve

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
The P-01 is very hard to find, the P-01 ? is virtually impossible to find. Buy whichever you find first, then buy whichever you find second for good measure.  O0

The truth has been spoken.

Offline HBeretta

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »
I am contemplating my next CZ purchase (currently a happy P-07 owner).  From researching old posts I understand the general differences between the P-01 and P-01 Omega (such as the trigger system, ability to swap to/from safety version, sights, etc.).

Are there specific reasons you would favor one over the other that I should consider?

being a p07 owner you'll have an idea of what the p01 omega trigger is like feel wise.  one drawback with the omega is aftermarket options like serated, combat or recurve triggers.  i wanted the 85 combat trigger to match my stainless base plates and stainless hex screw...for a subtle stainless steel matching overtone theme for my p01 omega.  i've been away from the handgun side of the market for little bit so correct me on this regarding omega trigger support. 

but you're right...manual safety and decocker option with omega trigger system.  slightly smoother trigger out of box as well.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:58:21 PM by HBeretta »

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
The benefit of the standard P01 is in availability (currently at least) and a slight improvement with the trigger feel.  The downside is that it's a royal PITA to disassemble as compared to the Omega style triggers With the original style decocker, you need a slave pin to pull the sear cage without disassembling it.  And, you don't want to try to assemble a sear cage on a decocker in the pistol.  That said, if you buy the CGW parts, buy the S pin and it's not a huge deal to disassemble and reassemble them.  PITA compared to an Omega, but not terribly so.

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 09:06:36 PM »
Love my Omega.