Author Topic: How many polish the feed ramp update  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Roger Vick

How many polish the feed ramp update
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »
I have 2 CGWs tuned CZ 75s with polished feed ramps, but not my Kadet. Sometimes while releasing the slide on the first round I have non plated bullets hang up while feeding, not so much with plated ammo. How many polish there Kadet feed ramps and does it help feeding?

I never have a feeding problem while shooting, it's just racking the first round.

Well I polished the feed ramp and don't think it improved feeding the first round. If I pull the slide all the way back and let it fly it will chamber the round. If I use the slide release to release the slide she hangs up every time. I think the problem has more to do with how the slide rides over the trigger bar slowing forward motion than the feed ramp.

So looks like a polish job cant hurt but to make my Kadet feed I need to slingshot rather than use the release.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:35:15 PM by Roger Vick »

Offline Tok36

Re: How many polish the feed ramp
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »
Good question, i have not done it myself. I am interested to hear others input on the subject.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline whitecap

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:44:16 PM »
I polished mine when I got it to hopefully circumvent any feed problems before they happen. Hasn't mis fed yet.

Offline yqtszhj

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »
If anything I own isn't polished, I usually polish it to a mirror finish.

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 07:19:15 PM »
I had a feeling the answer would be to polish more than not, but I'm curious to see what folks think.

Considering how tight the 10th round is packed in the mag I was thinking that might have something to do hang ups racking the first round in the chamber.

Offline painter

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »
I haven't polished mine, and it feeds fine.

A 22 bullet is waxed. It's going to slide up a feed ramp pretty easily unless there's steps in it.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 11:14:28 PM »
Can't remember if I've polished mine or not. I've had the same issues at times. Run a bore snake thru and make sure to hit the ramp, issue gone.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »
Considering how tight the 10th round is packed in the mag I was thinking that might have something to do hang ups racking the first round in the chamber.
Checkout this Post to see if it'll loosen-up that last Round for you:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81775.msg599969#msg599969
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline TexanFX2

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
Roger: I have the exact same "problem" with my Kadet. However, I even loaded my magazines to 8 rounds and it sill does the same while loading the first round in the chamber.  I need to rack the slide 3 or 4 times before it will take the round :(

I had a feeling the answer would be to polish more than not, but I'm curious to see what folks think.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:46:21 PM by TexanFX2 »
Fact: Cajunized SP-01 | Cajunized SP-01 Compact (CZ 75B Compact) | Cajunized Shadow 2 | CZ Kadet 2
For Sale: P-01 Omega (SOLD) | BNIB FNH Five Seven (Sold pending funds)

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
Thanks for the responses gang, I've polished everything else so I'll Give it a try and see if it helps. Can't hurt I'll see next Sunday at the range and report findings.

Offline TexanFX2

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »
I'll hold for your report before I decide to do anything to my kit. :D
Fact: Cajunized SP-01 | Cajunized SP-01 Compact (CZ 75B Compact) | Cajunized Shadow 2 | CZ Kadet 2
For Sale: P-01 Omega (SOLD) | BNIB FNH Five Seven (Sold pending funds)

Offline actvlsnr

Re: How many polish the feed ramp update
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 03:06:20 PM »
Hi group.  I just lucky enough to have won a bid for an Mint early CZ Kadet (not a conversion).  Anyone that can comment on how these shoot and handle vs. the Kadet 2. 

Comes with box, 2 mags etc.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
Hi group.  I just lucky enough to have won a bid for an Mint early CZ Kadet (not a conversion).  Anyone that can comment on how these shoot and handle vs. the Kadet 2.
Actvlsnr:
Congrats on you new acquisition
The original KADET vs the KADET2.....
Not too much difference
The big difference is; the K2 Upper is compatible with the Omaga Trigger System
The rest is pretty-much the same
If you haven't aready read it, here's a great thread on this
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34296.0
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 07:42:32 PM »
Any update on if polishing worked?  I have the same issue, ran about 300rds through it for its first time out for a good break-in. First round on every mag would not chamber by itself with just the slide pushing it into the chamber, ran flawlessly after that first round.  ???

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »
Yes I edited the original post with update but here you go, copy and past below.

Well I polished the feed ramp and don't think it improved feeding the first round. If I pull the slide all the way back and let it fly it will chamber the round. If I use the slide release to release the slide she hangs up every time. I think the problem has more to do with how the slide rides over the trigger bar slowing forward motion than the feed ramp.

So looks like a polish job cant hurt but to make my Kadet feed I need to slingshot rather than use the release.

anything