Author Topic: How many polish the feed ramp update  (Read 1151 times)

CZ Aficionado

Re: How many polish the feed ramp update
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
Yes I edited the original post with update but here you go, copy and past below.

Well I polished the feed ramp and don't think it improved feeding the first round. If I pull the slide all the way back and let it fly it will chamber the round. If I use the slide release to release the slide she hangs up every time. I think the problem has more to do with how the slide rides over the trigger bar slowing forward motion than the feed ramp.

So looks like a polish job cant hurt but to make my Kadet feed I need to slingshot rather than use the release.

Thanks....missed the update in the original post, thought it was part of the original  ;D  first time out with a Kadet, could have shot it all day.....I've been missing out and didn't even know it  :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:40:58 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Online painter

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 06:40:16 AM »
Do you oil the slide to trigger bar contact points?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 12:47:01 AM »
Do you oil the slide to trigger bar contact points?

I run all my CZs wet with a little extra on the Kadet, borderline dripping.

Offline whitecap

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
I started looking at the Kadet kits real close and realized that the barrel is pinned into a fixed position. This means that the entire slide needs to move back far enough to eject the spent rnd., pick up a new one and send it into battery. I have started polishing the entire barrel and the top and non ejection side of the barrel chamber. My barrel fits very snug in the hole afforded in the slide and anything I can do to remove friction I will do. It's only a 22LR that's doing all the work of cycling. Anywhere else that metal touches metal I will put a drop of oil as well. I have even gone so far as to invert the mag and put several drops of oil on the mag spring and then work it up and down to distribute that oil. I can fell the difference in how the follower moves within the mag body.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »
I have my Kadet on a PO-1 and it runs flawlessly. I just clean it after a couple hundred rounds
and lubricate the moving surfaces and all is good to go. I did not polish any part.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline ProtectTheSecond

• His 'n Her 9mm-TS
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »
IMHO...polishing the feed ramp can't hurt but polishing the trigger bar "lobes" and the area of the slide that they ride in and using the correct slide release are needed to succeed.

If you're still having issues...trimming the mag follower feet may be useful.

Not sure why CZ doesn't print info on correct slide release use info in the manual but I would imagine there is mistaken usage happening all the time causing contact between release and follower/ammo resulting in failure of slide to release.
CZ 527 American .223/CZ 75 TS 9mm/CZ 75 TS 9mm (yes 2-His 'n Her) CZ 75 SA 9mm/CZ Kadet 2

"The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding."  - The United States Supreme Court -

Offline sberres

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
Pretty late on this particular thread but if anyone else thumbs through...
I've not experienced any issues really in feeding the top round but I did notice that with these mags that when rounds are oriented properly that they have a rather steep incline. I also have noticed that it is possible to sort of make them 'stick' in a suboptimal presentation angle and I wonder if this may be a contributor to the top round feed issue. Try making sure that the top round is in full contact with the frontal feed lips as these finger shredders are part of what guides the round to the feed ramp. A .22 lr round just doesn't have much rounded frontal area from which to gain this correction in attitude without substantial jarring.

anything