Author Topic: Ok, gotta ask, ' the crowd"  (Read 2377 times)

Offline july

Re: Ok, gotta ask, ' the crowd"
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »
s&w m&p shield 9mm $319.+ tax that gun shoots great for me and easy to carry

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 08:40:45 AM »
Kel - tec and good in the same sentence... lol

It depends on what you are wanting. Range gun or a carry gun.

P07 or a P09 for range use and a S&W shield for a carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline handgun2

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 09:32:38 PM »
thanks, guy's.    sorry for delay in response lately, my laptop on fritz,  wish it ran as good as my CZ's! 

K in MI

Online Chuck Zulu

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »
I'd get a P09 for range fun and to have another home defense gun... 

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »
I'd get a P09 for range fun and to have another home defense gun...

I fail to see how the P09 doesn't make for a great home defense gun as well?

Maybe I'm confused though.

P09 for range and home defense and something smaller for carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »
Gosh I don't really need anymore CZ or 1911's so---I guess I might pick up one of the new Ruger MK 4's.
then I wouldn't need to buy near as much Beer to reassemble my MK III.

Offline filterm

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »
If it's for something that's on the market right now, I'd get the Canik TP9SF Elite.  I'm very impressed with that pistol, though I wish it was a bit smaller.

i am in the market for something new and relatively cheap, ive been reading so many forum posts and seeing videos about how great the TP9SF Elite is.

im torn between that and the SAR CM9 gen 2. both are within my price range, and i have seen the SAR for about 60 dollars less, but it seems to be significantly bigger.

suggestions?

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 11:57:20 PM »
I'd say it should depend on what you have now and what role this pistol will play.  If you're going to carry it sometimes, take into consideration what you're carrying now and whether it's DA/SA or striker fire.  Pick the one that feels the best if you can get a chance to shoot them (or at least fondle them) before you decide. If you want a certain size to fit into what you have now, decide from that. I don't think you can go wrong either way so it comes down to your taste or whim at the time.  I look at my "collection" (it's really not) as a whole and figure out what I think I'm "missing" and I decide from there.  If I'm deciding between two I assume I'm going to end up with them both eventually and pick the one that I think I would enjoy the most, first.  It's not scientific, in my case...  LOL

Offline filterm

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »
very much appreciate the reply. i don't carry, yet, but this would be something that i want to practice carrying. i have the "SP01 Compact" but for me it's a bit too heavy and i can't afford to upgrade everything at the moment (sights, hammer, etc). i am contemplating selling it

if i bought the canik it would be my first striker fired pistol as well.

i have shot a lot of my friends' different glock chamberings and frames, but it is also just not for me. I did really enjoy shooting a walther ppq M2 that a friend had, but it seemed a bit on the large size (overall size not grip) that said, the glock 19 was a nice feel and size.

i dont have the $$ to pay the price premium for H&K right now, does walther have something that is G19 sized, or slightly more compact?

after i got the CZ, my mid size 1911 seemed like a 2x4. i have been following a thread on the SAR CM9 gen 2 as well, and waiting for a few more range reports.

Offline filterm

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 08:39:18 PM »
also just as a quick follow up i watched a video about the Elite-S with the trigger stop safety and am wondering if anyone has used that and recommend it or recommend against it?

Offline exit plan

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
save your money and buy a better gun
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Offline filterm

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »
Any suggestions? Would any of the polymer CZ guns fall into the same size profile?

also cost is an issue, i was hoping to get something under $400,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:09:37 PM by filterm »

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »
Without more information about what you're needing it for, it's hard to give a recommendation. I would however, try and steer you away from Kel-Tec.

If you're looking for a reliable carry gun at that price point, I'd look at the Ruger SR9E, or a used Glock.

Offline filterm

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »
Without more information about what you're needing it for, it's hard to give a recommendation. I would however, try and steer you away from Kel-Tec.

If you're looking for a reliable carry gun at that price point, I'd look at the Ruger SR9E, or a used Glock.

i'm looking for something to get me comfortable carrying. in an earlier post i had mentioned i picked up a cz compact for this purpose, but it is a bit heavy for me (although i really like the grip, size, and profile). also i would like to be able to go to the range and not worry about racking up a high round count. i have handled and fired a bunch of different glocks of my friends, and i just am not a huge fan. im not exactly sure how to describe why, but it's a combination of the grip, tang, and muzzle flip.

other than the cz, i have an armscor 1911 22tcm that is much too big for me to carry, and the grip itself is probably a little too wide for me

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:59 PM »
I carry a CZ 75 Compact all day, every day. It's amazing what a good belt and holster will do.

Admittedly, I'm excited about the P10, but it's only 6.8 oz lighter - less than half a pound difference.