Author Topic: Ok, gotta ask, ' the crowd"  (Read 1965 times)

Offline CZ Aficionado

• CZ's...what every other gun wishes it could be
Re: Ok, gotta ask, ' the crowd"
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 09:17:25 PM »
Henry Frontier w/24" Octagonal Barrel in 22 Magnum......just sayin'  ::)   No reason, just want one.......maybe if I just say it and put it out there into the universe one will materialize in my hands  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:21:17 PM by CZ Aficionado »
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

Offline muggia59

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 06:38:18 AM »
Wasn't planned, but I sold a couple of ar builds and bought a Savage MSR Recon in 223 Wylde. Very impressed with what I got on the standard package. Can't wait to scope it, and see what it really does.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »
There are plenty of very good pistols in the 400 range, buying a Kel-Tec is not something I would advise.
I would turn one down if you gave it to me.
Ruger SR models are nice in that range
you can buy Kahr's in the CW series for that money
A S&W shield is an awesome gun for that money
There are Caniks and other CZ knock offs that can be had for that money.
I bet you could get a Springfeild XD for very close to 400

avoid a handgun produced in Florida
I would wear a t shirt that said that.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline filterm

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
i certainly appreciate the reply. with the deals on M&P shields right now, i feel like it would be the perfect time to buy one, after rebate ive seen them as low as $230 shipped!

ive never shot a kahr, but will ask around to see if any friends have them, and same with the rugers. i shot a full size ruger american and i really enjoyed it. felt great but too big for me. same with the springfield XDM series, felt really awesome but a bit too big for me.

whats up with kel-tec?

Offline eastman

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »
i certainly appreciate the reply. with the deals on M&P shields right now, i feel like it would be the perfect time to buy one, after rebate ive seen them as low as $230 shipped!

ive never shot a kahr, but will ask around to see if any friends have them, and same with the rugers. i shot a full size ruger american and i really enjoyed it. felt great but too big for me. same with the springfield XDM series, felt really awesome but a bit too big for me.

whats up with kel-tec?

The Ruger SR9c is a good compact option (smaller than the American)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »
This may sound a bit odd but;
I'd really like a small, Rolling / Falling Block or a Steven's Favorite type, .22 Short, Single Shot Rifle
A nice .22 Air / Springer / Nitro Piston Rifle would work, but I don't want that length to receive the power I'm looking for
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline scooby

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »
if you ONLY hd 4-6hundred to spend on YOUR next 'good' gun. what would you be spending on?   I am looking at a Kel tech!  YOU?

k in MI
;D I've never spent as much as $400, and I've been able to accumulate quite a few "wants" over time. That includes a CZ 75, Beretta 92FS, and most recently a Sig P226 that has cleaned up nicely, for the princely sum of $315. Oh, and quite a few others...

not sure what I would be willing to go $600 for. Maybe if I can score a rough Luger that can be restored.

Offline eagle-eye

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »
The new Walther Creed is under $400 and is a very nice gun. My local Atwoods, a farm and ranch store, has the Witness polymer compact on sale this week for $239. It just comes with just 1 mag, but it's a pretty good price.
Academy has the S&W SD9VE at $289, but the SD9, which has a black slide and fiber optic sights is $349. It's supposed to have a slightly lighter trigger then the SD9VE.
Then there's also the fun of checking out what good used guns your local shops have. You might find a gem there.
I may be getting old, but I got to hear all the cool bands

Offline handgun2

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 07:38:05 PM »
wow, Lots of cool guns to review.. so little money.. so many guns!  lol,

anyways, I truly am interested in the Henry .22mag rifle.  Gotta check them out.. Also, I just saw ad's about the Walther Creed gun. gotta read more on that too!  thanks guy's.  I am sure others appreciate the input you all have given.  Please continue

K in MI

Offline filterm

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
i agree def helpful suggestions from all, ty, i like the idea of checking out local shops for gems

i think hickok45 enjoys glocks and sr9c, and his son carries a kahr, i forgot which model, id like to get out to the range to try the sr9c and a kahr for sure

Offline HeinyO

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 06:40:03 PM »
I have the Ruger SR9C and the CZ PO-7, both in 9mm.  They are very similar in size with the CZ being about 5 ounces heavier. To me, the CZ is much more comfortable ergonomically and I shoot it with more accuracy. They are also priced very comparably.  Both double stacked. I prefer the CZ, but I can't bring myself to sell the Ruger.  Just too good of a gun. I also have the S&W M&P Shield in .40 caliber.  It is a single stack, feels smaller and lighter, but only half the rounds. I carry it when I wear light clothing.  Also a great gun. I think a nice inbetweener would be the Ruger LC9S.  Might be my next handgun. I like them all. And will like all of the next ones I buy.
Time - The greatest teacher that eventually kills all of her students. - Synchronicity

Offline Independent George

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »
Well, Ruger has a Mark IV 22/45 out, but I'm totally intrigued by the Hudson H9.

I will probably wait until they've been in production for a while (after they have ironed out the inevitable bugs) but man... I want!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline Vinny

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
OK, I've been following this thread and gotta give my $.02. I basically agree with RecoilGuy, but I'd narrow it down.

Depending on how OP wants to carry, and manual-of-arms most comfortable..... if the OP wants to get started with a good, reliable PROVEN striker-fired carry gun at a great price; you really can't beat the M&P Shield deals at less than $250 NEW. They're easy to trade later if the OP finds he wants something different.

In Summer months for easily concealed carry, a micro-9 like the Kahr PM/CM-9 is a great choice. The CM-9's are ~$400 new. It's so small and light you can pocket-carry in a Desantis. I think that's what Hickock45 or his Son carry. It's a DAO and to me DA (at least 1st round) is a safer way to carry anyhow; as many CZ owners will probably agree. DAO takes some getting used to, but IMHO it's a good way to start.

In a DA/SA decocker, you just can't beat a CZ like the PCR, RAMI BD, P-01 or P-07. You can't go wrong with any of them. Yeah, Canik has some good wanna-be's but....If a new CZ seems too pricey; get a good used CZ! I wouldn't compromise if a DA/SA carry is the choice.

OK, that's my $.02  ::)

"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »
Nothing complete, new or built I really want that costs $600 or less. But $600 certainly could complete a couple handgun builds I already started.

I thought $600 would buy a Few Kel-Techs??
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline cz1969

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »
Ruger mk4