Author Topic: Holster and Basic Competition Question  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Iggy913

Holster and Basic Competition Question
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
Ladies and Gentleman,

I've decided to take a more serious step into local competition shooting, I had been using a PCR and concealed carry OWB holster for local "Action Shoots" and bowling pin matches. I've done decently well but want to take it more serious. I recently aquired a full sized 75B and put some CGW goodies in it.

I've also given up on the concealed carry OWB holster and purchased a more serious competition holster from TheBenStoegerProShop.  I like the holster a lot, for those who don't know in he particular model I purchased they utilize a CompTac or Blade Tech holster and modify it. This includes thumb screws for adjusting retention without tools, and an extremely solid metal mounting system which offers all sorts of height and can't adjustability.

Enough of the background, here's my holster issue:

The mounting system sandwiches your belt with metal plates on each side and four machine screws. It locks onto a belt extremely well, but how do you get it on and off without removing the four bolts sandwiching the belt?  If I route my belt through my pants and leave the holster loose I can slide the holster onto the belt, then through the last loop on my pants, however to remove the belt from the pants I have to then loosen the holster and slide it back off the belt. I don't mind the process, it's a price I'm willing to pay for a secure mount, however I'm worried the holster screws will strip eventually. 

Is there some other way of wearing a belt I'm missing, or are these holsters meant to be worn on a "gun belt" like a police officer wears, it doesn't actually hold up your pants, just wraps around your waist?

Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to the electronic slap to the head that I've over looked something obvious.

Offline Luvdog

Re: Holster and Basic Competition Question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »
For USPSA get a 2 part competition belt

The first part loops inside your belt loops and has Velcro on the outside.
The second belt has all the attachments and velcros to the first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Iggy913

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
Thank you very much, I knew there had to be an easy solution.

Offline Grizzlie

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:22:22 PM »
For USPSA get a 2 part competition belt

The first part loops inside your belt loops and has Velcro on the outside.
The second belt has all the attachments and velcros to the first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Competition belts or police tactical belts (but the latter may be thicker than the belt attachment can take)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

'...if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence'

Offline TNman

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »
Double Alpha makes a good competition belt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »
Go with Shooter's Connection if you want to go budget (still super stiff like DAA).

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 12:08:00 AM »
What Silver said^^^^,  Mine is two-three ? years old and used often and still rigid.  I got mine when they first came out at a great price..  The good thing is that are just a skosh narrower than the other belts,  so they can be threaded through Levi or Wrangler jeans belt loops with no problem.  It's solid.
I posted about these here when they came out.

anything