Author Topic: List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact  (Read 2163 times)

Offline ireallydontknow

Re: List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
Ah I think I confused it for the SP-01 Shadow. The names get confusing. Regardless, I think I will be waiting for the one you linked to come back in stock. Scarlett, do you happen to know if that safety is a drop in replacement?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »
Ah I think I confused it for the SP-01 Shadow. The names get confusing. Regardless, I think I will be waiting for the one you linked to come back in stock. Scarlett, do you happen to know if that safety is a drop in replacement?

The SP-01 Compacts 99041 and Steel Frame P-01's 99021 have the same frame width as the Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport. That is why the Tactical Sport safeties work and the Shadow 2 safeties should work. I haven't gotten to try the Shadow 2 safeties, but if I remember correctly Scott or David checked for me once. Might have been Stuart... or another member. But I do know the slide width on the Shadow 2's was confirmed.

All that to say, the Shadow 2 safeties should be drop in, but I haven't had the chance to check. They may be drop in, or close to drop in, with the CZC Competition and CGW Race Hammers, since the Shadow 2 has a hammer with shorter hooks. That is just to say there is a small chance there is a little fitting...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:58:55 AM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline seaswol

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »
Just wondering, shouldn't the 99021 be called the "steel framed P-01" and the 99041 now be called the "SP-01 compact" based on roll mark? Maybe in 2019 there will be a 99061,
CZ75 P-01 SC
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:22:53 PM by seaswol, Reason: clarity »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 01:59:30 AM »
Just wondering, shouldn't the 99021 be called the "steel framed P-01" and the 99041 now be called the "SP-01 compact" based on roll mark? Maybe in 2016 there will be a 99061,
CZ75 P-01 SC

Looks like I accidentally switched those up. Corrected my post, sorry. 
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline ireallydontknow

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »

The SP-01 Compacts 99041 and Steel Frame P-01's 99021 have the same frame width as the Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport. That is why the Tactical Sport safeties work and the Shadow 2 safeties should work. I haven't gotten to try the Shadow 2 safeties, but if I remember correctly Scott or David checked for me once. Might have been Stuart... or another member. But I do know the slide width on the Shadow 2's was confirmed.

All that to say, the Shadow 2 safeties should be drop in, but I haven't had the chance to check. They may be drop in, or close to drop in, with the CZC Competition and CGW Race Hammers, since the Shadow 2 has a hammer with shorter hooks. That is just to say there is a small chance there is a little fitting...

All I know is that this one:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/shadow-extended-manual-safety-lh-side-only/

doesn't work without cutting new notches. I just checked over CGW's site and it seems they updated the description for the one that does work:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/01606-left-hand-safety-for-tactical-sport/

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 11:06:35 AM »

All I know is that this one:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/shadow-extended-manual-safety-lh-side-only/

doesn't work without cutting new notches. I just checked over CGW's site and it seems they updated the description for the one that does work:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/01606-left-hand-safety-for-tactical-sport/

Correct, notice on the description for the first link it has bold lettering that is does NOT fit the Shadow 2 and thereby will NOT fit the 99041 and 99021.

The only manual safety pistols with a similar frame width to the 99041 and 99021 are the Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport. No other safeties will work without real modification, if at all.
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
I'll admit I haven't pulled any of mine and looked, but I'll bet the differences are more than just the length of the shaft on the left side safety.  I'll be the spacing between the safety lever and the cam on the shaft (that blocks the sear from moving) is different as is the location of the small notch/groove the sear spring leg sits in.

Scarlett Pistol, I just used the info you had in your thread for parts as you did yours first.  Everything I bought based on your thread worked just fine in mine.  I didn't do the extra curving/contour changes I think you did to your safeties, I just put them on.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
Scarlett Pistol, I just used the info you had in your thread for parts as you did yours first.  Everything I bought based on your thread worked just fine in mine.  I didn't do the extra curving/contour changes I think you did to your safeties, I just put them on.

Oh good to hear! Yeah... That was just some work for fun, nothing necessary.
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

anything