Author Topic: List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact - 99021 & 99041  (Read 13430 times)

Offline ireallydontknow

Re: List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
Ah I think I confused it for the SP-01 Shadow. The names get confusing. Regardless, I think I will be waiting for the one you linked to come back in stock. Scarlett, do you happen to know if that safety is a drop in replacement?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »
Ah I think I confused it for the SP-01 Shadow. The names get confusing. Regardless, I think I will be waiting for the one you linked to come back in stock. Scarlett, do you happen to know if that safety is a drop in replacement?

The SP-01 Compacts 99041 and Steel Frame P-01's 99021 have the same frame width as the Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport. That is why the Tactical Sport safeties work and the Shadow 2 safeties should work. I haven't gotten to try the Shadow 2 safeties, but if I remember correctly Scott or David checked for me once. Might have been Stuart... or another member. But I do know the slide width on the Shadow 2's was confirmed.

All that to say, the Shadow 2 safeties should be drop in, but I haven't had the chance to check. They may be drop in, or close to drop in, with the CZC Competition and CGW Race Hammers, since the Shadow 2 has a hammer with shorter hooks. That is just to say there is a small chance there is a little fitting...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:58:55 AM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline seaswol

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »
Just wondering, shouldn't the 99021 be called the "steel framed P-01" and the 99041 now be called the "SP-01 compact" based on roll mark? Maybe in 2019 there will be a 99061,
CZ75 P-01 SC
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:22:53 PM by seaswol, Reason: clarity »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 01:59:30 AM »
Just wondering, shouldn't the 99021 be called the "steel framed P-01" and the 99041 now be called the "SP-01 compact" based on roll mark? Maybe in 2016 there will be a 99061,
CZ75 P-01 SC

Looks like I accidentally switched those up. Corrected my post, sorry. 

Offline ireallydontknow

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »

The SP-01 Compacts 99041 and Steel Frame P-01's 99021 have the same frame width as the Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport. That is why the Tactical Sport safeties work and the Shadow 2 safeties should work. I haven't gotten to try the Shadow 2 safeties, but if I remember correctly Scott or David checked for me once. Might have been Stuart... or another member. But I do know the slide width on the Shadow 2's was confirmed.

All that to say, the Shadow 2 safeties should be drop in, but I haven't had the chance to check. They may be drop in, or close to drop in, with the CZC Competition and CGW Race Hammers, since the Shadow 2 has a hammer with shorter hooks. That is just to say there is a small chance there is a little fitting...

All I know is that this one:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/shadow-extended-manual-safety-lh-side-only/

doesn't work without cutting new notches. I just checked over CGW's site and it seems they updated the description for the one that does work:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/01606-left-hand-safety-for-tactical-sport/

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 11:06:35 AM »

All I know is that this one:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/shadow-extended-manual-safety-lh-side-only/

doesn't work without cutting new notches. I just checked over CGW's site and it seems they updated the description for the one that does work:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/01606-left-hand-safety-for-tactical-sport/

Correct, notice on the description for the first link it has bold lettering that is does NOT fit the Shadow 2 and thereby will NOT fit the 99041 and 99021.

The only manual safety pistols with a similar frame width to the 99041 and 99021 are the Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport. No other safeties will work without real modification, if at all.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
I'll admit I haven't pulled any of mine and looked, but I'll bet the differences are more than just the length of the shaft on the left side safety.  I'll be the spacing between the safety lever and the cam on the shaft (that blocks the sear from moving) is different as is the location of the small notch/groove the sear spring leg sits in.

Scarlett Pistol, I just used the info you had in your thread for parts as you did yours first.  Everything I bought based on your thread worked just fine in mine.  I didn't do the extra curving/contour changes I think you did to your safeties, I just put them on.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
Scarlett Pistol, I just used the info you had in your thread for parts as you did yours first.  Everything I bought based on your thread worked just fine in mine.  I didn't do the extra curving/contour changes I think you did to your safeties, I just put them on.

Oh good to hear! Yeah... That was just some work for fun, nothing necessary.

Offline Sk2088

List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »
Newbie question, what about magazines, including full sized ones? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 07:56:51 PM »
Newbie question, what about magazines, including full sized ones? 

It will take any of the CZ 75 style of magazines. Just won't run the 10 round Rami Mags (too small). Mecgar is the company that makes CZ's OEM mags that ship with the guns. Buying Mecgar mags is your best option, unless you like spending more money.

Offline Sk2088

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 08:23:34 PM »
Thanks! Any extended mags that would give this compact a longer and smooth grip?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 08:31:53 PM »
Thanks! Any extended mags that would give this compact a longer and smooth grip?

No problem.

You can use this magazine base on the mecgar and factory 16 round mags to create a flush fitting extended mag.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-40p-cz-p06-or-cz-sp01-magazine-base-0430177001-p-1419.html

You can buy the 16 round mags with that base already on them.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/mecgar-cz-75-compact-9mm-16-rd-extended-cz7516b0430177001-p-1639.html

Any of the larger mags should fit, they just won't be flush.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 09:07:23 PM »
I carry my Compact with a 14 round magazine in it (concealed carry).  The back up magazine in my pocket and the two in my car/truck door pocket are 19 round Mecgars.

Yeah, they stick out a bit.  Know what?  If I've gone through the 15 in the pistol and need more, not only do I not care that the magazine sticks out, I bet I'm going to be glad as can be for the 5 extra rounds.

Those magazines, the 16 round with the base that makes it fit up against the frame/grip panels on the Compact not only look good, that little bit of extra grip surface down there on your little finger makes the pistol fit your hand even better.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Sk2088

List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2018, 01:36:38 AM »
Thank you guys so much. It?s mostly you folks? posts that helped me made up my mind to get a 99021. I can?t wait for its arrival.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:38:10 AM by Sk2088 »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »
Thank you guys so much. It?s mostly you folks? posts that helped me made up my mind to get a 99021. I can?t wait for its arrival.

Haha for better or worse we have been blamed for more than a few purchase decisions. Let us know if you have any more questions and enjoy your new pistol!