Author Topic: Sign from God?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline AZ_CZ

Sign from God?
« on: March 03, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
This afternoon I saw a for sale ad. A very clean 22lr. 452 American with the factory 16" threaded barrel. I told my self to calm down. Got in the car and the trip odometer was 452! I immediately thought about the rifle. Stopped for gas and it click off right at $22. Wow! When I got home my daughter reminded me she is going to a party tonight; a Quincea?era. (Sweet sixteen)

Now I'm starting to think someone is telling me to buy this rifle. Thought about the rifle, fate, predestination, temptations from the devil, my bank balance, free will and the Almighty some more. I already believe He shoots a CZ. Discussed it with my wife and she's not sure if someone is telling to buy it. I can tell you she's not.

She didn't say not to buy but asked me why I needed 2 of the same model when I barely shoot the one I have. Then she clinched the argument by asking if there wasn't something different I wanted to spend that money on. Hate it when logic trumps desire. Hope someone buys it soon before my will power fades. Or I get hit by lighting.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Sign from God?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:13:42 AM »
Well heck, I'm convinced it's a sign. Go ahead and buy it. Of course I don't have to deal with your wife. I've got one of my own to worry about.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline EddieE

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 08:19:49 AM »
Nothing wrong with having two of the same gun....I have a couple of replicates. One is mine, the other is "her's".

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
I thought everything was better in pairs? ;)

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
Checked out at Walmart and my bill was $123 even. Not sure if it means I need to buy 3 rifles or 1,2,3, go.

On the plus side I picked up a like new Ruger 10/22 16" barrel with a tacticool slip on break/flash hider for $20. Going to finish my side folder build finally. Been finding oddball parts here and there for 2 years. I think I have $150 and 20,000 man-hours looking for deals invested in this project.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 10:53:03 PM »
There is nothing wrong with having multiple Americans. I have 3, two with 21 in barrels and one of the 16 in threaded barrel models. One of them has a 2007 date stamp and is NIB :).

Offline Lomx138

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »
OP- Definitely a sign. But consider that I count the sun rising with each new day as a sign to buy another Czech firearm. Unfortunately, wallet doesn't confirm the sign vast majority of days....