Author Topic: Please stop posting chit chat in the Classifieds  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
Please stop posting chit chat in the Classifieds
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »
Classifieds are for buying, selling, and trading only.

If you want to discuss the various pros and cons of items, do so in your own thread in the relevant forum, or offline using PM and/or email.

Every time you post to a classifieds thread, it effectively bumps that person's ad to the top and some other members ad off the page.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:06:56 PM by Grendel »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Please stop posting chit chat in the Classifieds
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
You had me worried for a minute.  I tend to run off at the keyboard sometimes, so I had to go check.  This time I'm not guilty.  But you had me worried.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Mr. Waverly

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »
Have you considering changing the settings so that only the originator of the post can reply to (bump) the ad?  The downside is that members would have to conduct business off-line, via PM or e-mail.  This might make managing the classifieds a bit easier

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 11:06:15 AM »
Have you considering changing the settings so that only the originator of the post can reply to (bump) the ad?  The downside is that members would have to conduct business off-line, via PM or e-mail.  This might make managing the classifieds a bit easier

Not a fan of this as sometimes people forget to empty out their inboxes.

anything