We have our S-2 and we have done some initial observations. As we suspected, the S-2 is a mix of something new and something old. First thing we noticed:
1) SA is creepy on our sample
2) We were surprised at the amount of pre-travel in the trigger, it's better than the 91154, but in the S-2 price range, could be improved
3) Slide serrations on the rear seem to have less grip area than the 91154/SP-01, but are quite acceptable
4) Barrel bushing to barrel fit on our sample was somewhat loose; typical of the SP-01's of the past (CGW barrel bushing will fit)
5) Barrel is slightly longer compared to the 91154/SP-01
6) Slim safeties are very thin, great for a high hold with thumbs forward
We'll have more in depth info in the next few weeks.