Author Topic: Leupold Delta Point Pro ?  (Read 1479 times)

Offline stater61

Leupold Delta Point Pro ?
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »
 I sold my Glock 17 with an RMR on it that I carried AIWB for the last 6 years. I'm thinking of putting a red dot on either my P-09 or P-07, or maybe both in time. I can't say I wasn't happy with the RMR, but I like the bigger window of the DPpro, not having to take it off to change batteries (which really isn't that big of a deal), etc. The DPpro I looked at seemed to have clearer glass also, better for my aging eyes. It would also make the rear sight problem a little easier to accomplish with the rear sight attachment that can be used.

My main concern is how reliable and sturdy are they for EDC. I carry AIWB all day long everyday, doesn't matter if I'm mowing the yard, crawling under the car to work on it, leaning over a work bench or whatever. I don't do construction, oilfield work anymore so I'm not as hard on stuff as I used to be would still like something that works.

Any of you guys have experience with this optic, good or bad? What is your rear sight setup if you have one?

Thanks, JH

Offline steerclr

Re: Leupold Delta Point Pro ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »
I'd be interested too.  My brother has one of those M&P's that comes ready to mount a red dot and he his looking at his options.  Thanks in advance for any posts.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:58:41 AM »
We have only one CZ, a 75 Compact, with a DP Pro on it.  It's my wife's pistol so it doesn't get dragged around under the car or in the yard, etc.  So far it's worked fine.  The original battery died pretty soon after it was installed but I have to say that we have no idea how old the battery was and I put the battery in it when I got the sight, which was months before I had it installed.  The replacement has been in the sight for a couple months now, but she doesn't carry it every day like I do mine.

Mine is a P07 with an RMR on it, one of the dual illuminated models so I don't have battery life/electrical issues.

I will say that when we got the CZ 75 Compact slide back from Primary Machine we could not sight in the pistol.  Even with the adjustment cranked full "up" POI was about 8 or 10" below POA.  We had another DP Pro and put that on the slide but had the same issue.  I ended up having to put a shim (think it was about 0.050" thick) under the rear of the DP Pro to get the POI up to POA at about 8 yds.  I contacted Primary Machine and they told me that quite a few people had the same issue with the DP Pro and had returned them to the Leupold who then supplied a replacement that worked fine on their pistol.  Later, I think Primary Machine stopped milling CZ slides for DP Pros due to so many customer issues with this. 

We used the Leupold DP Pro add on rear sight on her Compact and Primary Machine supplied the fiber optic front sight and installed it.

I wish I could help you with more info on how the DP Pro does day to day and with battery life when being carried day to day.  I can say that at the range (had it there twice now) it works great.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline stater61

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:28 PM »
 M1A4ME, I appreciate the reply, I guess the DP Pro must not be very popular on this board. I looked through an RMR today with the blue tinted window and holy moly. I have a hard enough time seeing anyway much less through that. In fairness it was in a somewhat dimly lit mom & pop store but I'm not impressed. My old RM02 was not tinted and much better, but I let it go with one of the Glock's I sold.  :'(

Anyway do you know the height of the front sight that you're using with your DP Pro, I assume it will co-witness with the rear add on sight?

Offline kbahus

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 09:57:46 AM »
We have only one CZ, a 75 Compact, with a DP Pro on it.  It's my wife's pistol so it doesn't get dragged around under the car or in the yard, etc.  So far it's worked fine.  The original battery died pretty soon after it was installed but I have to say that we have no idea how old the battery was and I put the battery in it when I got the sight, which was months before I had it installed.  The replacement has been in the sight for a couple months now, but she doesn't carry it every day like I do mine.

Mine is a P07 with an RMR on it, one of the dual illuminated models so I don't have battery life/electrical issues.

I will say that when we got the CZ 75 Compact slide back from Primary Machine we could not sight in the pistol.  Even with the adjustment cranked full "up" POI was about 8 or 10" below POA.  We had another DP Pro and put that on the slide but had the same issue.  I ended up having to put a shim (think it was about 0.050" thick) under the rear of the DP Pro to get the POI up to POA at about 8 yds.  I contacted Primary Machine and they told me that quite a few people had the same issue with the DP Pro and had returned them to the Leupold who then supplied a replacement that worked fine on their pistol.  Later, I think Primary Machine stopped milling CZ slides for DP Pros due to so many customer issues with this. 

We used the Leupold DP Pro add on rear sight on her Compact and Primary Machine supplied the fiber optic front sight and installed it.

I wish I could help you with more info on how the DP Pro does day to day and with battery life when being carried day to day.  I can say that at the range (had it there twice now) it works great.

Do you have any pics of this setup? Sounds interesting, might be something fun to do with a PCR.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
To keep from posting more pics of it here and there on the forum, here's a link to another thread/post with pictures of it.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86028.0
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline kbahus

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »
Thanks, looks fun!

anything