Author Topic: Rami dissapointment  (Read 2827 times)

Offline klamathsteel

Rami dissapointment
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:00:09 PM »
After 8 months of searching i finally found a 2075 Rami. Brought it home yesterday and fired it today.
Many fail to fires. It seems to be feeding fine but on the failed cartriges there is no strike on the primer
whatsoever ?  Put some of the failed cartriges in my S&W shield and they all went bang ? Shooting the same ammo
that i shoot in my CZ 75B full size and have never had a failure of any kind. Should i contact CZ or where i bought it ?
Gonna buy a box of different ammo tomorrow and try it. I'm so bummed :(

Offline SteveR2013

Re: Rami dissapointment
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:11:26 PM »
If it's new contact CZ. They will make it right. If used go back to where you bought it. Something seriously wrong. My BD eats everything and has never failed to go bang.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:13:29 PM »
I know this is going to sound strange, but clean and oil it again. Give more oil than you think it needs - everything that slides or rotates. Try it and see what happens...

Sent from my Mate 9.  Sorry if I missed any misspellings.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 09:26:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It is brand new in the box and i did clean it and oil it well before i fired the first shot.
I'll try different ammo and see what happens.

Offline mad1521

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere that the rami prefers 124gr ammo but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 01:34:02 AM »
Firing pin / block / channel problem? Can you disassemble and examine? That would be the first thing to check if you're not getting any firing pin strikes on the cartridge primers. CZs seem to come packed to the gills in cosmoline from the factory, so hopefully it's just a dirty firing pin channel.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:37:30 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 01:37:39 AM »
New ammo or reloads? If reloads, what primer?

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:46:34 AM »
Reman ammo from Freedom Munitions. I've shot this ammo in all my other pistols without a single failure.
I'm pretty sure it's the gun not the ammo but i will try some different ammo and see what happens.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 01:52:52 AM »
Reman ammo from Freedom Munitions. I've shot this ammo in all my other pistols without a single failure.
I'm pretty sure it's the gun not the ammo but i will try some different ammo and see what happens.

If you're not getting primer strikes, it doesn't matter what ammo you use.

Disassemble your firing pin / block (it's pretty easy), that's where the problem will be.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 02:13:00 AM »
Should i have to do that on a brand new gun ??
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:17:52 AM by klamathsteel »

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 07:00:36 AM »

No, but sh*t happens with any guns from any manufacturer.  I have never had issues with any new, nor even used guns I bought, but there is always a first time. 

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
No, you shouldn't. If you don't mind not having the gun in your possession while it gets fixed, contact them to send it in. Many of us would rather try better known potential fixes before sending it back, though. Having any type of problem in a new gun sours the experience, I know. It is what it is at this point so make the decision that you feel best about.

Sent from my Mate 9.  Sorry if I missed any misspellings.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 08:58:01 AM »
Go ahead and try different factory ammo. That's probably the first thing CZ USA will ask. If you still have the issues, call, (not Email) CZ. They will send you a shipping label and take good care of you.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »

Of course you can do whatever you want. You'll just have whatever turn around time it is to get your gun back from CZ.

I've gotten to the point where any new gun i get, I'll remove and clean the firing pin / channel and extractor before I shoot it. You'd be surprised at how much gunk comes out of those from the factory. Not good places for cosmoline to sit and solidify!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:54:18 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline TexasCZ

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »
You should take the firing pin out to clean it. I also just got a brand new one yesterday, when I did my trigger job I have to take the firing pin spring out to cut 3 coils to reduce it is spring power. I did notice the firing pin has a lot of grease on it. You can clean it and put some good oil on it, if you have other stock firing pin spring you can cut the coil to reduce its power. That should make it sound every time. good luck.