Author Topic: Rami dissapointment  (Read 2829 times)

Offline klamathsteel

Re: Rami dissapointment
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »
Ok i removed the slide and held the firing pin block button down while pushing on the pin.
The pin just barley poked through the opening where it strikes the primer. Removed the pin and
cleaned the chamber out good. Reassembled and all looks good now. Will fire it tomorrow and see :)
Thanks for all the great replies !!

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »
Great to hear. Hope that takes care of it.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline CZRex

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
my Rami has eaten everything but.....Freedom Munitions.  Everything else runs without a hiccup.
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »
Got a box of Browning 9mm Luger 115 GR. FMJ Today. Ran all 50 through the Rami without a single failure :)
My conclusion is the Rami does not like Freedom munitions ammo which bumms me out because Freedom Ammo
runs through all my other pistols, including a CZ 75B full size perfectly !! Perhaps in time it will come around. Just
glad to know it's not a pistol issue. I love the Rami so far :)

Offline Ruber

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 11:52:08 PM »
Did the Freedom Munitions still have problems after the cleaning?  The Browning FMJ ain't exactly premium ammo....

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 12:19:27 AM »
Yes it definatley did. The freedom ammo i used was both 115 and 124 grain reman. After the cleaning they both seemed to work a tad better
but still had failures, way too many failures. I agree the Browning ammo is not top of the line but results don't lie. I plan to shoot other factory
ammo through it soon. The Hornady Critical Defense went through it flawlessly as did the Browning so i can only blame the Freedom ammo ??
After i have a few hundred more rounds through it i may try some Freedom "NEW" ammo and if it works i'll try some more of the Reman as i have
about 1000 rounds of it.

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 01:58:44 AM »
Do you have a Walmart nearby? They sell Perfecta 9mm 115 gr. fmj for as little as $9-$10 for a box of 50, which is basically new Fiocchi ammo marketed by Tula under the Perfecta brand. Excellent ammunition.

I don't use remanufactured ammo at all if I can help it. Too many problems (potential squib rounds and it usually runs dirty) to be worth any cost saving.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 11:42:28 AM »
Yes it definatley did. The freedom ammo i used was both 115 and 124 grain reman. After the cleaning they both seemed to work a tad better
but still had failures, way too many failures. I agree the Browning ammo is not top of the line but results don't lie....

...and if it works i'll try some more of the Reman as i have
about 1000 rounds of it.

Necessary info for the thread, thanks for sharing.

Cheap ammo and weak mag springs are the "canaries in a coal mine" for firearms. There are a lot of issues that can cause light or no primer indentations in a new gun.  It would be one thing if the primers are fully indented and do not fire.

A problem that clears up a little bit with cleaning and goes away by switching brands of ammo (ya, it's cheap reman, but still commercial), is still a problem and susceptible to showing up again with accumulation of grime or in inclement conditions.

It's fine to switch brands and leave it at that for a range gun.  But if you plan to rely on it, fix it or get it fixed.  CZ-USA Customer Service  is great, they really know how to get their guns running.  If you don't want to dig deeper, I'd take advantage of it.

Offline benq

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »

A few things to try. 

- Perform the pencil test to ensure the firing pin is functioning. In short, unloaded pistol, insert pencil into the into the barrel with eraser end first.  Point upwards and pull trigger. If the pencil flies out of the barrel, you are good to go(for now).

- If/When a round doesn't fire, observe if the slide is fully closed.
  - If not, give it a whack forward to close and fire again.
  - If closed, pull the trigger again.
  - or eject the round and save it.  When time permits plunk test that round. It should "plunk", spin freely and drop out of the barrel(removed from pistol) when tilted.
    - plunk test a few more.

- Have your favourite buddy shoot a few with the same ammo. - "out of the box suggestion"

To be clear the only failure you are experiencing is a failure to fire?

Keep us update.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
but still had failures, way too many failures. I agree the Browning ammo is not top of the line but results don't lie. I plan to shoot other factory
ammo through it soon. The Hornady Critical Defense went through it flawlessly as did the Browning so i can only blame the Freedom ammo ??
After i have a few hundred more rounds through it i may try some Freedom "NEW" ammo and if it works i'll try some more of the Reman as i have
about 1000 rounds of it.
Great idea. Maybe a different batch will run better. I've had that issue with Freedom before, but only recently. I don't know what's changed but it doesn't seem to be the same quality that it was even a year ago.
I suspect that your Rami will be less picky when it's broken in.

Sent from my Mate 9.  Sorry if I missed any misspellings.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 03:45:19 AM »
OK, first of all thank you guys for all of your replies and suggestions about the Rami trouble i've had.
Many of you were right on point and now my problem is solved. The firing pin issue was solved by simply
removing it and cleaning it and the channel, they pack a lot of crap in there.  The bigger issue turned out to be
Ammo !  Somebody commented earlier in this post that they have had issues with Freedom Munitions Reman Ammo
recently (thank you ) . I've shot Freedom reman ammo for several years in all my pistols and it has been flawless
including in my CZ 75B full size. I took many of the fail to fire rounds from the Rami and put them in my S&W shield
and they all went bang !! The problem in the Rami was the slide was'nt closing all the way with the Freedom reman ammo.
So here's what i did. I ran my defense ammo 20 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 135 GR HP and it was perfect. Then i ran this, 50 rounds of Browning 115 Gr.
RN FMJ, 50 rounds of Winchester (white box) 115 GR RN FMJ, and 50 rounds of Federal 115 GR RN FMJ. All of these were flawless !
Maybe i got a bad run of Freedom ammo, i don't know ? It's always been good to me. Next time i order from Freedom i will get a few boxes
of "new" vs reman and see how that goes. Bottom line is the Rami is fine and man it's a shooter, i love it  :)

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 08:06:42 AM »
You say the slide wouldn't close. Have you performed the plunk test with the FM?
  Maybe it just doesn't fit in the Rami. If the ammo doesn't fit the chamber, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad ammo. Now if the ammo is out of spec stop shooting it, and contact FM. Their CS is on par with CGW.
   What type of Reman? Some members have had trouble with their HP's not fitting the CZ chamber.

If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
I have Freedom 115 gr round nose and 124 gr round nose both reman. Slide fails to close all the way at least 50% of the time.
When the slide fails to close i have no trigger. Sometimes i can push the slide closed the rest of the way and it will fire.
Other times i can't push the slide closed and it is hard to eject the round. I have not tried the plunk test but i will tonight.
As i said before 4 other brands of ammo have worked flawlessly.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 04:40:44 PM »
Good to hear you found the problem.  Personally, I won't buy reloaded ammo. It's just not worth the hassle to save a buck a box.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »
Yea, i feel pretty stupid for buying the reman ammo from freedom when their new ammo is just $0.01/ round more !! :-\