Author Topic: CZ Cold War Commemorative's  (Read 6077 times)

CZ Aficionado

CZ Cold War Commemorative's
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:08:38 PM »
As of the start of this thread there are (19) NIB available........they aren't cheap but if you really want one take a look.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625572841
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:16:02 AM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ Cold War Commemorative's on Gun Broker
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »
Those can be had for much less money if a person takes the time to shop around. $799 is too much. Even the more expensive dealer near me has them for around $650.

Offline Psyop96

CZ Cold War Commemorative's on Gun Broker
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:27:39 PM »
From another seller. Looks like it must be a good money maker for the factory as it appears to be a new run of this collection or they had a few leftover frames....note the 2017 year mark and now using the standard serial number sequence.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:29:31 PM by Psyop96 »

Offline noway

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 06:45:35 AM »
Handsome gun except for the USSR markings. Surely they could have done better than that! Something cold war and Czech, maybe? Like a commemorative of the 1968 Prague Spring... JMO

Offline Sancho

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »
I see them in stores for a lot less.

Sancho

I was already despicable, long before it was cool!

Offline Bret

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
Handsome gun except for the USSR markings. Surely they could have done better than that! Something cold war and Czech, maybe? Like a commemorative of the 1968 Prague Spring... JMO
I agree.  I like the pistol except for the commie hammer and sickle and red star.  It makes the gun look cheap in my opinion.  Plus, it just doesn't seem right that tyranny should be commemorated.  Let's hope Walther does not come out with a WWII Walther PP commemorative with a swastika engraved on the side.  A Prague Spring commemorative would have been a much better idea.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »
I agree.  I like the pistol except for the commie hammer and sickle and red star.  It makes the gun look cheap in my opinion.  Plus, it just doesn't seem right that tyranny should be commemorated.  Let's hope Walther does not come out with a WWII Walther PP commemorative with a swastika engraved on the side.  A Prague Spring commemorative would have been a much better idea.

I was sort of on that same page....until I picked one up.  For me I was fresh into the military several years before the Cold War was nearing an end and things were still very much tense between the Soviet's and US.  The Commemorative Edition was something I wanted from the time I saw it, more as part of my life history and how impactful it was to me as an 18 year old young man in the military. I can actually remember getting "classified" briefings during training about the Soviet threat.....IMHO the Cold War Commemorative hit the mark with the addition of the Star's, Hammer & Sickle......they really symbolized that entire era  ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:57:40 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline Dr_Nimslow

Re: CZ Cold War Commemorative's
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:30:08 PM »
As stated above, they are around for a lot less.  I like the way it looks.  I even put another couple of stars on mine, just because..

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »
As stated above, they are around for a lot less.  I like the way it looks.  I even put another couple of stars on mine, just because..

I really like the spur hammer and round trigger guard; the paint, not so much.  I wish it came with no FPB.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline Dr_Nimslow

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »

I really like the spur hammer and round trigger guard; the paint, not so much.  I wish it came with no FPB.

I thought about pulling the FPB, and putting in a pre-B sear.  I went with the CGW reduced reach trigger, and short reset kit.  That's good enough for now.

Offline Cousin Vinnie

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »
I recently bought a BNIB for $525 OTD. Not planning on shooting it, just going to keep it as a safe queen and may sell it at some point since I recently purchased a couple other BNIB FS Regular 75's to shoot.

Offline RossHenderson

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 09:00:35 AM »
Agreed.  Soviet markings on a Czech gun?... Czechoslovakia was never part of the Soviet Union.  And as we all know the CZ pistol was never used by either the Soviets or any of the Warsaw Pact nations.  Makes a fine pistol look like a souvenir.  IMHO.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »
Went to the U of U for my bachelor's of economics. Turned out they were more Keynesian and Communist that I ever expected. Come on comrades, it really is an awesome system.... I don't know what all the complaining is about . Look at the awesome posters from picnics past of my department! Maybe I should buy them one of these pistols to showcase up there as well...

PS - Total sarcasm on my part. Worst economic systems and worst economics program! But I think their commemorate edition is meant to serve more as a reminder of what they were dealing with. Just my guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Bret

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
Funny posters.  Academia is the only place that communism seems to work.

I could be wrong, but I think that a company that decide to have a WWII commemorative pistol with a swastika on it would have it soundly rejected by the gun buying market.  In fact, the media would likely take the opportunity to bash the company and gun owners in general as being sympathetic to the cause.  Other than big government liberals and most of the media, I just don't understand why the hammer and sickle seems to be more tolerated (BTW, not at all saying those who have one or like it are at all sympathetic to communism).  I honestly don't think CZ's marketing department put much thought in to it other than it might help sell guns.  I think if they did more market research they'd find that they would sell more just by leaving that stuff off.  I know that I'd own one for sure.

When I was in Slovakia and the Czech Republic almost twenty years ago, the people I spoke with had bad memories of the communist days.  One lady in Prague talked to us about the fear and intimidation techniques the communists used to keep people in line.  I asked her what happened to them, thinking that their victims might want some revenge.  She said that they just disappeared in to the shadows.   

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 02:20:28 PM »
"I asked her what happened to them, thinking that their victims might want some revenge.  She said that they just disappeared in to the shadows".

I never heard of US Academia being referred to as a "shadow".  Or the Democrat National Convention.  Or . . .
Plenty of them are over here for sure, brainwashing our otherwise intelligent kids about "social justice".   How else could have Bernie Sanders be more popular than Hitlery Clinton?!!

How soon we all (at least many of us) have forgotten, or never bothered to understand the history that we are doomed to repeat!

anything