Author Topic: New Rami, $3 trigger job and Fiber front sight  (Read 4410 times)

Offline TexasCZ

New Rami, $3 trigger job and Fiber front sight
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:59:42 PM »
Hi, All

I have been a CZ fans for quite sometime and have been looking for a Rami to enlarge my CZ portfolio, finally I found a brand new one with manual safety at local gun show yesterday @$565+tax, given that it is so rare to find and people are actually bidding on it for $900, I bought it in a heartbeat.  After that I went back home and refined the trigger and reduce DA pull to 5.5lbs, SA pull to 3.3lbs. All I did was to pull the trigger return spring longer leg up for 95 degree to reduce the return power, that alone will reduce the SA pull by 1-1.5 lbs, changed the main spring to a cut in half 13lb blue spring from CGW which reduced the DA pull, polished the sear, adjust the sear contact angle slightly. To make sure it fires all ammo, I also took the fire pin out and cut 3 coils of the fire pin spring to reduce the spring power ( doing it might void your warranty but I have several stock springs from other CZs). So the overall cost is only $3 ($6 blue spring/2=$3). Test fire with 150 rounds factory ammo, no misfire.

Next is the stock sight, the front sight is terrible, call CGW and Dave told me to order part#050-738 from Dawson, it is a Fiber front sight for Colt Defender 1911 but will fit Rami. Just let you know if someone also wants to change the front sight. Thanks you and good luck!

Offline klamathsteel

Re: New Rami, $3 trigger job and Fiber front sight
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »
I just put a FO front site on my Rami from Dawson precision but the one they sold me was a 021-356.
I took quite a bit of filing and was a struggle to get on. Curious how your install went ??

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »
That's some interesting work you did there.

Offline TexasCZ

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 06:45:44 PM »
Will update once I get the front sight. I suppose I will need the nylon Punch?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
Glad you know what you are doing.  Does the safety still work and not engage when hammer is down or at partial cock notch?

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »
Welcome TexasCZ. By cutting the springs, sounds like you did it old school, and saved a few bucks to boot.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline TexasCZ

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:38:49 PM »
Yes, the trigger job will not affect any safety function, everything works smoothly.

Glad you know what you are doing.  Does the safety still work and not engage when hammer is down or at partial cock notch?

Offline TexasCZ

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »
I have several sets of stock strings from other CZs, so if I have return it to the factory setting, I can use them. Cutting the coils save some time and a little bit $.

Welcome TexasCZ. By cutting the springs, sounds like you did it old school, and saved a few bucks to boot.

Offline copemech

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 01:05:49 AM »
I hope it works if you need it to. I would just get proper springs and an extended FP, it don't cost much to do it with proven and tested parts.

anything