Author Topic: Ben Stoeger's Skills and Drills Class, Midland TX 3&4 March, 2017  (Read 151 times)

Offline Taco101

I had stopped improving and felt stale in my competition progress.  Still love doing it, but not improving like I'd like to....  So this past weekend I and 9 others attended Ben Stoeger's Skills and Drills class in Midland Tx.  If you don't know who Ben is, google him.  Awesome shooter!  Realy good instructor. He can see just what you are doing right and wrong and there are drills to fix it!  Day one was chilly but great fun!  The format was, we all shot a stage that Ben and his wife, Kita, set up.  We get feedback, then hit the next bay for relevant drills.  Then right back to the stage to put the new skills into practice.  The only down time save a short lunch was when you were loading mags.  What was amazing was to see the improvement in all the shooters.  I dropped 6 or 7 seconds on each stage with the propper techniques and my accuracy was better.  I had one run less than 4 seconds slower than Ben.  That was AWESOME!  So, if you shoot USPSA and want to get better, save your pennies!  Take one of Ben's classes.  You will dig it.  Shot about 1000 rounds each day...maybe a touch less.  But the volume sure helps.  Special thanks to Amber Dodson for the photos.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:19:53 PM by Taco101 »

Offline Beak Boater

Re: Ben Stoeger's Skills and Drills Class, Midland TX 3&4 March, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »
looks like fun......learning and getting better, while having fun shooting......doesn't get much better than that!!!
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:05:54 PM »
I was two pistol bays down from where Taco101 and the Stoegers and my run and gun shooting buddies were shooting.  I drove by twice.  Everyone was busy!  I'm glad you guys had a great session and got to enjoy our first class shooting range here in Midland.  The desert.  Best conservative people and the worst scenery in the world! 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, several SIG P226's, AR-15, Savage 308 bolt gun,

Offline Taco101

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »
Im exhausted!  It was really a full two days!

anything