Author Topic: Reduced power springs and Tulammo  (Read 406 times)

Offline TheGageinator

Reduced power springs and Tulammo
« on: March 07, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
Anyone have experience shooting steel case Tulammo or monarch with reduced power hammer Springs? There is a deal on 1k rounds of Tulammo for almost cheaper than my cast reloads. Tempted to jump on it. It's just for shoot steel competitions
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:31:22 AM by TheGageinator »

Offline oldfrank

Re: Reduced power springs and Tulammo
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »
Every gun is different and you would just have to try the ammo with your current springs.

It depends on how light your hammer spring is now, worse case is you would need to try a heavier spring.

Offline nevada

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »
The primers in Wolf & Tulammo are reputedly harder than most other makers use, which is why oldfrank suggested trying some first. My experience with Wolf is it is loaded lighter than non-Russian. I've not had any problems firing it but I also have regular (standard?) springs in my firearms. Maybe you could borrow a handful of rounds before you go for a case. Best of luck to you.

Offline kato01

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:00:59 PM »
Yes.  I have a CGW P-09 and was having numerals light strikes with Tula ammo. I spoke with David at CGW and he sent me a heavier spring from what came in the Pro Upgrade Kit.  It helped, but I ended up switching to brass ammo anyway.  Those hard primers may give you similar results. Hope that helps.

Offline Thechef1

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 11:56:39 PM »
I wouldn't shoot it in a compition but for practice ammo sure why not. Nothing like some good malfunction practice.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:38:11 AM »
Go to Freedom Munitions put in your email and on a daily basis they will send you ammo specials.
Been using it for a year-and-a-half,  if I had 4 malfunctions in 2000 rounds that's a lot. Great Target ammo. That's all I buy for Target.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!