Author Topic: Laser Sight and Rail For Rami Solved  (Read 16572 times)

Offline Blue Ox

Re: Laser Sight and Rail For Rami Solved
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »
Found this old post because I was informed by my local gun shop that a RAMI is available and am interested in a rail install. BUT I can't seem to see the pick Pharrow posted! If Pharrow or anyone can respond with a pic so I can see the final outcome of a rail installation on a RAMI, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Not sure if Pharrow is still around. I asked about seeing his pics a couple months ago and never heard anything. Stagesmith linked some pics of the rail and laser he put on his.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129065511@N02/albums/72157662022309740

I'm planning on having a gunsmith add a rail to mine. Also Crimson Trace has a $50 mail in rebate through the end of April.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »
Found this old post because I was informed by my local gun shop that a RAMI is available and am interested in a rail install. BUT I can't seem to see the pick Pharrow posted! If Pharrow or anyone can respond with a pic so I can see the final outcome of a rail installation on a RAMI, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Stagesmith did something similar. You might go back and check his posts:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84767.msg631126#msg631126

I'd prefer a CT Lasergrip, but none are available for the RAMI (even though CT makes Lasergrips for a lot of pretty bleepty pistols, and they stopped making them for the CZ75 and Compacts).

Since the RAMI is based on the CZ40 / Colt Z40, it takes a lot of its styling cues from a compact 1911 type pistol (e.g. grip panels), so you could possibly adapt / modify a Lasergrip from some iteration of a 1911 compact pistol, of which CT makes several, that might work (Kimber Micro, SA EMP, etc.).

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »
If Pharrow or anyone can respond with a pic so I can see the final outcome of a rail installation on a RAMI, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

He hasn't been around since 2014
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline matty76

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
Thank you Blue Ox and MeatAxe! Stagesmith's mod looks great!

I started looking at RAMIs because I love my SP-01 and wanted a compact option. But many have said the gun is too blocky/chunky. I looked at the spec on CZ's site and the width is still less than the SP01, which I find to be very ergonomic for me. I'd love to get more opinions on this.

Offline indenial

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
It's not blocky/chunky. It's perfect---------