Author Topic: Greetings from Illinois  (Read 359 times)

Offline dshoub

Greetings from Illinois
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:42:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of gun ownership and I had purchased Smith and Wesson's new M&P9 M2.0. After only a single 200 round range session I found that the grip was far too abrasive for me (must be my soft IT technician hands haha) and even more than that, it just didn't "fit" me (a little too big, the striker fire was a little to easy for that first shot, etc., etc.). All in all, I should have held off on buying, but as I was about to become a new owner, I let my excitement get the better of me.
After finding I buyer for my barely used S&W, I did a huge amount of research and eventually narrowed my choice down to the CZ 75 Compact. Finding it to test or even hold was impossible, as no shops anywhere near me had one, but I decided to take a risk again when I managed to find a factory new one at a shop in MN. It was the only one that they had so I said to myself, "screw it" and I bought it right then and there over the phone. I am so glad I did.
I just took ownership from the FFL dealer on Monday, cleaned it that night, and took it to the range yesterday, putting 100 rounds through it.
WOW...just...wow. My CZ 75 Compact is a thing of beauty. I chose it based on all the glowing reviews for it, as well as all the great reviews on CZ as a whole (I mean I literally couldn't find a single negative review on CZ guns). I love the heavier first pull of the DA, it prepares me for the much shorter follow-up shots and the trigger pull is smooth all the way through. And the feel of it, the ergonomics are wonderful, it fits my hand perfectly. And damn is it accurate. Straight from the factory this thing is a tack driver. On only my 3rd time ever even shooting a handgun I am putting all 15 rounds (14+1) on target at 15 yards in a grouping only slightly bigger than my fist (and my hands are on the small side of a medium). I've even already ordered myself a set of the factory rubber grips and the rubber magazine bases to do a minor bit of customization. There's no doubt about it, I'm a CZ guy for life!

~David

Offline Tok36

Re: Greetings from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »
Welcome to the forums from California! Glad to hear that you are enjoying you new CZ.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:11:11 PM »
Greetings Comrade, from another member of the resistance, in Rockford, Illinois, home of Pine Tree Pistol Club.  http://www.pinetreepistol.com/ 8)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:49:57 PM »
Welcome from Texas!
CZ 24, CZ 27, CZ 38, CZ 45, CZ 52, Vzor 70, CZ75BΩ, CZ75D PCR Compact, CZ 75 P07 Duty, CZ75 SP-01 Phantom, Shadow 2 Urban Grey, CZ P09 DUTY, P10C, CZ 82, CZ 83, CZ 97BE, CZ 452 American. CZ 550 UCS (Urban Counter Sniper), CZ 805 Bren, DUO  & Z

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 08:01:04 PM »
Welcome.

What part of IL are you located in? I can recommend a few shops in NE IL that stock CZ pistols. I also demo for CZ and have a few events on the schedule for the next couple of months.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline rhart

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »
Welcome from OK.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:17:26 AM »
Welcome from NC.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline tattooo

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »
Welcome aboard

Offline Badger54

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
A warm welcome to you from DuPage County!

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Welcome from another new member in central Ohio.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
Greetings from Chicago!

Offline dshoub

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
Welcome.

What part of IL are you located in? I can recommend a few shops in NE IL that stock CZ pistols. I also demo for CZ and have a few events on the schedule for the next couple of months.

I'm in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Couple of shops near me do have "some" CZ's, but not the compact that I bought.

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »
Welcome.

I'm in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Couple of shops near me do have "some" CZ's, but not the compact that I bought.

GAT usually has the best selection in stock in the area. I've seen CZ pistols at Midwest in Lyons, but wasn't thrilled by the prices.

I'll be at the GAT manufacturer shoot this weekend representing CZ.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline rbol13

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »
Mega sports in Plainfield and Article II in Lombard have CZ in stock most of the time.

Offline dc581

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
Welcome from Florida.