Author Topic: Is the Rami a troublesome gun?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Im Buz

Re: Is the Rami a troublesome gun?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »
Mine only had a problem with remanufactured ammo
It shoots everything else flawlessly
God grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch, The courage not to fib about it and the wisdom that no-one believes me anyway!

Offline krebbs1956

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
The RAMI has the same problem that many CZ guns have..... it gets you addicted and makes you want other CZ guns!

Joking aside, no, there are no "systemic" issues with the RAMI (other than the aforementioned issues with 40cal in polymer frame). Mine has been failure free, very accurate and pleasant to shoot. Honestly, it's almost my favorite CZ pistol, trumping full-size 75B and PCR. There's just something magical about it. Shoots as accurate as the 75, feels good in the hand, and looks good (dressed up with polished parts and walnut grips).

Do not hesitate to get one.  :)

This is good to hear! RAMI will be the my next CZ purchase.

Offline Thuxlei

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 07:29:57 PM »
Yeah, I think I'm comfortable enough with yall's recommendation to purchase one.
Problem now.... is finding one :-D

Offline Ruber

Is the Rami a troublesome gun?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
And just to help fuel the addiction a little, my '04 RAMI complete with front slide serrations and pearce grip extension...

It was my first CZ handgun, it replaced my G22 for daily carry and I haven't looked back.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:22:31 PM by Ruber »

Offline MBarton

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
I've had a BD 9mm for about 18 months or so now. Initially I had a few failures to feed. These stopped pretty quickly after I'd fed it maybe 100 rounds. I never have any problems with it unless I'm completely neglectful of just even minimal cleaning. I probably have 1200 rounds thru it now and really like the gun. I'm always surprised how well it shoots if I'm disciplined.

After reading some of this thread I suppose I should replace springs to be sure it continues to be reliable.

Offline Droopy

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 06:54:39 PM »
I got my first Rami about 14 monthes ago and it has run flawlessly it is my edc gun and my compact has become a safe queen. The compact was my very first cz and I love it also but it's just easier and lighter to carry the Rami which like others have already stated it is just as accurate as any other cz and i also think it is more fun also. I to think it is a magical gun to hold. I did recently acquire a used  one that had some issues but CZ is looking at it as we speak and I will report back what that issue is as soon as i can. This does not at all tarnish my love for the Rami as stuff happens, what matters is that CS is backing up there product without questions. After all doesn't everything in life have some flaws... to live in a perfect world would get very boring mighty fast I think
CZ 75 COMPACT DUO-TONE
CZ 2075 RAMI
CZ P07

Offline Shadow2

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
The problem i have with RAMI is they are a trouble to find. Well not 100% true had an opotunuty at rami and a P-01. Not until the the S2 is at my FFL. I'm on a buying freeze. Selling only at the moment.

Offline BuckJm53

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 07:37:21 AM »
While in 2012 my original RAMIp was replaced by CZ due to the dreaded frame bulge, the alloy version is now over 3,000 rounds with no issues.
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free" - Ronald Reagan
The Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Offline cyberfish2

• S.O.B.'s (Seniors on Bikes)VRSCSE V-Rod '05
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 07:52:35 PM »
The Rami can start having issues after about 500 rounds but I think a lot of that depends on the ammo Only the outer spring needs changed. $5, so buy a couple and save in shipping.
Keeping up with cleaning/maintenance and avoiding ammo outta spec ammo goes a long way toward extending spring life, expect quite a bit more life.  Imagine being at a training class, stopping, and telling the instructor you need to change springs because you hit 10 boxes of ammo...

I change both springs at the same time, but also go quite a bit more than 500 rounds between changes.

Very true. And honestly, I don't think I've heard of the spring issue for quite sometime, so maybe it worked itself out.
Unfortunately, my brand new Rami 9mm would not close to battery on the very first box of FMJ target ammo. I cleaned and lubed it before I shot it. The recoil spring problem persists.
CZ-83, CZ-75D PCR, finally, a CZ Rami 9mm
Sure, I'd like to be young again, if it didn't come with such a big dose of stupid.

Offline whynot

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »
My RAMI runs target ammo (Federal, Fiochi Blazer 115 and 124gr etc.) and defense ammo (Hornady CD 135GR) with no issues... it is also way more accurate than I will ever be
No time like the present...

Offline Rainsong

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »
I use Freedommunitions REMAN almost exclusively for the range.  Only time I had a problem is when we were doing single handed drills.  I was in a motorcycle accident than broke my hand down near the wrist that still is not 100% and assume must have been limp wristing.  Other than that, it just keeps on ticking.
Albuquerque, NM (although not really NEW, not really MEXICO!)

CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm
CZ 75B 9mm

Offline TimJupiterFla

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 10:12:24 PM »
New to the RAMI club myself, I have around 400 rounds through mine it and seems like a good decision. I have had only one issue with 147 gr Horanaday not feeding up the feed ramp. All other defense rounds by many different manufactures ran with out a problem. I have yet to retry the Hornaday.
I will say I am very impressed by it's close range accuracy. I managed to put the very first 14 rounds in such a tight group at ten yards that I took a picture of it. It's now my avatar. My Ruger LC9s Pro (EDC) does well.. be not as impressive as the RAMI.

I suggestion is buy the Rami if you feel it's not the gun for you, you will have no problem selling it.
Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference. - Charles j. Nalin

Veteran's before Refugees - Grunt Style

Offline Ozarkmac

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
I had issues with my alloy .40 ejecting rounds like 15 feet and jamming on most any ammo I used in it. Sent it to CZ and they fixed it (whatever it was). Haven't had any issues since. It's a pretty heavy and bulky pistol for concealed carry and I don't carry it anyway.

We have open-carry here in Missouri now so I guess it doesn't matter, but I'm yet to carry open, just don't like the stares.

Offline JoeSig

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
CNTRYDAWWWG you make excellent points - fly-by's and newbies...true across the board. Good thoughts re the recoil spring. I swear I'm thinking of accessorizing with a new purse and shoes to go with this CZ - Springs, Mags...lots of splain'n to the wife for all this.

Obiwan - My fear exactly, the last thing I needed is an addiction to another gun maker.

Ruber - That's really cruel, man....pictures are twice the temptation.

JoeSig

Offline CZRex

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
0 issues thru +1000 rds.  Very accurate little sucker, too.
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

anything