Author Topic: Is the Rami a troublesome gun?  (Read 8510 times)

Offline Thuxlei

Is the Rami a troublesome gun?
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:55:38 PM »
I've been waiting for one of these a while now. Keeping my eyes open for one to be in stock. But I'm starting to have second thoughts. I visit the other sections for different models, and sure, you'll see a post here and there about an issue they are having. But it seems like the RAMI section has quite a large share of those issues? Are they known to have issues?

Offline mad1521

Re: Is the Rami a troublesome gun?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:03:01 PM »
From my understanding the .40cal and polymer ones were more known for issues...The mag springs also can tend to be underpowered

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »
Check out the thread i started called "Rami Dissapointment". I got a not so good batch of ammo from Freedom Munitions
and i am certain that was the problem with my brand new Rami. I'm up to about 400 rounds of "other" ammo through it
and it has been flawless !!

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:49:57 PM »
I've been waiting for one of these a while now. Keeping my eyes open for one to be in stock. But I'm starting to have second thoughts. I visit the other sections for different models, and sure, you'll see a post here and there about an issue they are having. But it seems like the RAMI section has quite a large share of those issues? Are they known to have issues?
Always remember that those with problems tend to post. Those that have problem free RAMI's, like me, tend not to complain. That means that the statistics are probably skewed in the direction of problems. My RAMI BD has been trouble free from the get go, with any non re-manufactured ammo I have fed it.

Offline Thuxlei

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:50:05 PM »
From my understanding the .40cal and polymer ones were more known for issues...The mag springs also can tend to be underpowered

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Always remember that those with problems tend to post. Those that have problem free RAMI's, like me, tend not to complain. That means that the statistics are probably skewed in the direction of problems. My RAMI BD has been trouble free from the get go, with any non re-manufactured ammo I have fed it.

Thank you for the reply. I do keep that in mind actually. Just notice more folks having issues with Rami threads.

Offline BGlas

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
I have had zero issues with mine, very reliable and accurate.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:59:17 PM »
Mine have been great, I got .40 in 2005 and loved it, it was my introduction to CZ pistols and a 9 followed soon after.

As with many companies, as guns get smaller, dirt, grime, rough surfaces all tend to have more significant effects.  May be a reason for seeing more 'issue' threads with the RAMI.

Mine get fed handloads or reman ammo almost exclusively and work great.  I think the very early .40's had some spring timing issues.  I had a bit of difficulty early on with heavyweight hunting ammo.  Didn't bother me at the time as it didn't make sense to carry that type of ammo in a little gun.  But that cleared up after break-in.

If the gun fits you, don't let recent threads scare you off, as mentioned, the forums can be skewed, anyway, CS has really taken care of guns not meeting the buyers wants.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:15:09 AM by Ruber »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 12:44:55 AM »
Zero issues here. Depending on how far back in the threads you go, you can see a lot of Rami issue threads. Most can be attributed to 2 things. Fly byes and CZ newbies.
   The fly byes come on with an issue, and get helpful advice. Guess what, they never post back. So we have no idea what or if any issue was ever solved, or if it even really existed.
   The CZ newbies take the pistol straight to the range dripping in packing grease. Have issue right off the bat, come here to complain. They get told to give it a thorough cleaning and relube, and clean the mags out. Bingo, up and running full force.
   FWIW, that's why on a lot of issue threads, the first thing someone says is to clean and relube, and clean the mags. CZ's like to run wet, don't need to be dripping tho The next issue will usually be solved by making sure the trigger bar spring is riding in the trigger bar groove. These fixes go with all CZ's.
    The only maybe issue with the Rami is the recoil spring. Most short barreled pistols have a shorter recoil spring life than their big brothers. The Rami can start having issues after about 500 rounds but I think a lot of that depends on the ammo Only the outer spring needs changed. $5, so buy a couple and save in shipping. I've got around 700 rounds with zero signs of weakness on mine. Just to be on the safe side I keep a new spring in the gun for carry. Use the older spring at range. YMMV
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:42:56 AM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline PA_Lefty

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 12:51:42 AM »
I have not had one issue with mine.

Offline Big Dave

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 02:48:19 AM »
2500 rounds and 0 issues.  But it was worked over by CGW first.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 10:31:55 AM »
Mine did go back to CZ USA for some TLC.  ? 2wk turnaround, they took care of shipping and it has proven to be reliable with a variety of ammo, including HST 147gr.  It has now been on my hip for over 2 weeks straight in a UGB OWB snap holster, confident in its ability to protect my life if need be.  The PCR and other options for SD are getting jealous!  No regrets despite my initial hiccup.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
Oh, did I mention that I can shoot tighter groups with this little beast than my Beretta 96 Centurion that I've owned since IPOTUS Clinton signed Brady into law?

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 12:25:13 PM »
The RAMI has the same problem that many CZ guns have..... it gets you addicted and makes you want other CZ guns!

Joking aside, no, there are no "systemic" issues with the RAMI (other than the aforementioned issues with 40cal in polymer frame). Mine has been failure free, very accurate and pleasant to shoot. Honestly, it's almost my favorite CZ pistol, trumping full-size 75B and PCR. There's just something magical about it. Shoots as accurate as the 75, feels good in the hand, and looks good (dressed up with polished parts and walnut grips).

Do not hesitate to get one.  :)

Offline Ruber

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »
The Rami can start having issues after about 500 rounds but I think a lot of that depends on the ammo Only the outer spring needs changed. $5, so buy a couple and save in shipping.
Keeping up with cleaning/maintenance and avoiding outta spec ammo goes a long way toward extending spring life, expect quite a bit more life.  Imagine being at a training class, stopping, and telling the instructor you need to change springs because you hit 10 boxes of ammo...

I change both springs at the same time, but also go quite a bit more than 500 rounds between changes.

The RAMI has the same problem that many CZ guns have..... it gets you addicted and makes you want other CZ guns!

Yep!  That was my biggest problem.  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:26:54 PM by Ruber »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 04:10:14 PM »
The Rami can start having issues after about 500 rounds but I think a lot of that depends on the ammo Only the outer spring needs changed. $5, so buy a couple and save in shipping.
Keeping up with cleaning/maintenance and avoiding ammo outta spec ammo goes a long way toward extending spring life, expect quite a bit more life.  Imagine being at a training class, stopping, and telling the instructor you need to change springs because you hit 10 boxes of ammo...

I change both springs at the same time, but also go quite a bit more than 500 rounds between changes.

Very true. And honestly, I don't think I've heard of the spring issue for quite sometime, so maybe it worked itself out.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

anything