Author Topic: New P-01 disassembles after 5 rounds  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Inusuit

Re: New P-01 disassembles after 5 rounds
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
I don't know how to edit posts??   Sooltaug, I'm a tinkerer, not a gunsmith but I think I can handle the pin.  Now waiting for parts from CGW.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 03:44:50 PM »
I don't know how to edit posts??   Sooltaug, I'm a tinkerer, not a gunsmith but I think I can handle the pin.  Now waiting for parts from CGW.

The "Modify" button in the top bar of your post allows you to edit your post.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Inusuit

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »
Thanks, I missed that while looking for an "edit" button.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 07:02:04 PM »
Inusuit, you are welcome.  Firing pin assemblies are easy.  Wait until you get the courage up to add CGW parts to your sear cage. ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:03:53 PM by longgonedaddy »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »
The sear cages are only "new" the first couple of times.  After that they are just aggravating.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Inusuit

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
I installed the CGW firing pin and retaining pin with no problems.  I believe the sear cage can wait.  Next up is putting a new magazine release spring in my 1992 vintage 75.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 12:02:41 AM »
The sear cages are only "new" the first couple of times.  After that they are just aggravating.
Hear, hear
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 12:26:46 AM »
Hear, hear

By aggravating he means fun, he is just misrepresenting it because he want to keep all of the fun to him self.  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Inusuit

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 09:09:14 AM »
He probably also enjoys reassembling Ruger .22 semi autos.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »
He probably also enjoys reassembling Ruger .22 semi autos.

Ha, another Ruger .22 fan.  I have four Ruger MK II's, so I am comfortable with their take down, and reassembly, however, I have not worked on any of my CZ pistols, and I have five currently, including a 91 Pre-B, but I bought that new in box.  It sounds like you are on the way to sorting out the P-01, and hope you get that 92 Pre-B fixed also.  They are great guns.  Enjoy them!

Oh yeah, get a Kadet Kit, .22LR conversion unit.  It will work great on your P-01.  I prefer shooting the Kadet over my Ruger MK II's, and it is just as accurate. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »
Hear, hear

By aggravating he means fun, he is just misrepresenting it because he want to keep all of the fun to him self.  ;D

You, sir, get the first official chuckle of the day.  It's getting late, so you know I thought it was a good one.

I won't say I enjoy the old Rugers (taking them down/cleaning them and putting them back together) but I don't mind.  I think we've got 4, maybe 5 of them in the family.  Three 5.5" bull barrels and one 4" tapered barrel.  All MK1's but one that's too old to have MK1 stamped on it.  Wonderful pistols.  My brother told me one time he never new a .22 pistols could shoot like a rifle till he saw me shoot my Ruger MK1.  Wish I could still do that with it.

Don't know if I mentioned it or not, but my newest Compact was still sealed in the CZ case when I picked it up from the FFL I order through.  I never dry fired it.  When I took it down and put the extended firing pin, new firing pin return spring and lighter firing pin block spring in it the original roll pin in the slide that hold the firing pin in was already dented in on the side towards the hammer.

I don't know if they dry fire them at the factory quite a bit, or if the firing pin was just striking the roll pin that hard with the original hammer spring installed and it was fired.  Hopefully, if that was it then I'll not have to worry about it because of the new CGW extended firing pin and 15 lb. hammer spring and CGW's roll pin.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Inusuit

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »
Thanks to all who provided helpful advice, links, and information.  As noted in a previous post, I installed a new CGW firing pin and retaining pin.  PO-1 now runs as intended.  I also had the shop replace the magazine catch spring on my 1992 75.  Now it does not release when carrying or shooting.  Back in business with CZ!.  Coming to appreciate the brand.  I have two other CZs, a 52 and a 70.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
That's good news...now you just have to figure out how many thousand more rounds you have to fire before it breaks again!   :D

Offline SteveLC

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »
Glad you got everything sorted out!  From the research and reading I've done, it seems that the FPRP is a weak link in the CZ 75 (and variants) system.  I know I'm new to CZ's, but what I don't understand is why after over 40 yrs in production is this still a problem?  You would think by now that CZ would have developed a better long term solution, in either materials or design, for the firing and retaining pin in these models...Hmmm.