Author Topic: My Marschal grips finally got here for my Cold war commemorative.  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Dr_Nimslow

I was surprised by a the package from Budapest today.  Ordered them back in December.  Fit and finish is good, the left side required just a few minutes with the dremel to fit.  I like the way they make the gun feel, and I think they look good.  I was hoping they would be a little redder, but I can live with the finish the way it is.

Offline Tok36

Re: My Marschal grips finally got here for my Cold war commemorative.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »
That is pretty neat. First time i have seen those grips. Thank you for the pic.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline rl96ss

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »
Oh, yeah....that looks very  nice.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 02:22:23 PM »
Beautiful! The edges along the checkering just reminds me of High Power grip lines. Looks like he did a one-of-a-kind for your Commemorative?

Offline Dr_Nimslow

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »
Beautiful! The edges along the checkering just reminds me of High Power grip lines. Looks like he did a one-of-a-kind for your Commemorative?

Those are what he calls his "thin grips" I just asked him to add the star, like on his Makarov and Tokarov grips, and do a red finish.

The more I look at them, the more I like the way they look on the gun.  They really change the way it feels in the hand.

Offline watchfan1

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »
Great looking...Could you please share a link?
I am originally from (then communist) Czechoslovakia. Escaped 1986 and arrived to the US in 1987. I was able to get one of those old service pre-B CZ 75s from Buds for only $299 and had it re-finished. Was VERY lucky - my pistol was made in 1987  - the year I arrived to the U.S. I think that these grips would look great on it.

Offline Dr_Nimslow

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:06 AM »
Great looking...Could you please share a link?
I am originally from (then communist) Czechoslovakia. Escaped 1986 and arrived to the US in 1987. I was able to get one of those old service pre-B CZ 75s from Buds for only $299 and had it re-finished. Was VERY lucky - my pistol was made in 1987  - the year I arrived to the U.S. I think that these grips would look great on it.

I got these grips from here:  http://www.marschalgrips.com/cz75_82-thin/thincz75-82.html  They are the "thin grips" for the CZ-75, with red finish.  As I said in the above post, I also asked him to add the star from his Tokarev/Makarov grips.

Be prepared to wait 12 weeks or more, and he is a one man show, so he can be slow to answer email's or it may take a few tries to get him to answer.

Great find on your 1987 Pre-B.  I'd love to find a 1983, the year my Ukrainian wife was born.

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »
That is Very Kool...
It's pretty easy to picture having that in hand and chasing down criminals bound for the gulag.

anything