Author Topic: My new to me CZ75 from AIMS  (Read 465 times)

Offline rainyknight

My new to me CZ75 from AIMS
« on: March 12, 2017, 12:05:52 AM »
Hello all, just wanted to share my good fortune. I've been wanting an original CZ75 since the eighties and AIM was nice enough to get some in. Picked it up last week and hopefully taking it to the range soon. Trigger feels great and I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots. I don't have anything to compare it to as this is my first CZ and i've never even fired one before. Almost all my experience has been with 1911's, SIG's and Beretta's although I do have an older model Tanfoglio Witness. Trying to decide if I want to mess with changing the sights or just keeping the stock ones.

took me a while to figure out the picture posting thing, lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:29:50 PM by rainyknight »

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: My new to me CZ75 from AIMS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:13:52 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Rainy
Congrats on your new CZ
Now prepare to buy more and getting custom work done
It IS and addiction
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline ThinLizzy

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 09:52:55 AM »
Congrats on the new CZ.  How about some pics of that beauty.  I kept looking at those and waited too long.
CZ 75B Polished Stainless Steel
CZ 75B Compact
CZ 75B Decocker
CZ 75B Black Polycoat

Offline K3JB

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum, you are really going to enjoy the 75, I agree with Den, it is a bloody addiction.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
Congrats on the 1992...end of an era for Czechoslovakia and the pure Pre-Bs.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 07:21:01 PM »
That looks in really, really great shape!  Congrats.  I have one just like it made in 1991.  Welcome!

Offline noway

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 10:17:59 PM »
Congrats! I wanted one of those spur hammer pre-Bs, but got a '93 transitional instead. Yours doesn't look nearly as filthy as mine was, either...

Offline RossHenderson

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »
Great looking Pre-B.  I also have a 92 which I  bought last month.  I was interested to note the differences.  Clearly they were introducing transitional elements that year.   I wish mine had the spur hammer also!  I did have to change out the extractor spring as the one it came with was a little weak and I was getting some fail to ejects.  I put in the extra strong ejector spring from CZ Custom and now it runs perfectly.  I also put in a new recoil spring.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:35:46 AM by RossHenderson »

Offline noway

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 12:22:38 PM »
I don't think you guys got "surplus" guns at all! Mine was about 10% finish left, grips that looked like they had been left on the stove, and a front sight that looked like someone had taken a hammer to it to 'drift' it...  ;D

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 07:09:03 PM »
Ross, CZ USA has Pre B style spur hammers.  I bought one last year and put it on my project Compact a few weeks back.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420020011_Spur-Hammer-Pre-B-75

Took some stoning to make the new safety work with the original sear and the new hammer.  I ordered an adjustable sear from Cajun Gun Works but didn't wait for it (I'm impatient) and stoned the safety to get it to work with the amount of movement the new hammer allowed the sear.

On a positive note, the new spur hammer gave my Compact a 3 lb. SA trigger pull with absolutely no polishing of any of the internal parts/pieces.

Oh, you'll want that special hardened starter punch, too.  Need to get that pin moving to get it out of the hammer.  I reused the other parts after I got them off the ring hammer that came on the Compact.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Warbird

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
Welcome from Cleveland, OH!
Steve
CZ P-07 (.40 S&W)
Taurus PT111 Millennium G2

"God Bless The USA" - we need this now more than ever!

Offline RossHenderson

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »
Ross, CZ USA has Pre B style spur hammers.  I bought one last year and put it on my project Compact a few weeks back.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420020011_Spur-Hammer-Pre-B-75

Took some stoning to make the new safety work with the original sear and the new hammer.  I ordered an adjustable sear from Cajun Gun Works but didn't wait for it (I'm impatient) and stoned the safety to get it to work with the amount of movement the new hammer allowed the sear.

On a positive note, the new spur hammer gave my Compact a 3 lb. SA trigger pull with absolutely no polishing of any of the internal parts/pieces.

Oh, you'll want that special hardened starter punch, too.  Need to get that pin moving to get it out of the hammer.  I reused the other parts after I got them off the ring hammer that came on the Compact.

Thanks for the info, M1A4ME!  I'll be checking that out for sure.

I look forward to rainyknight's range report to see how that Pre-B runs!  I was having about 1 in 30 FTEs with the original extractor spring.  And putting in a new recoil spring really softened the, already light, recoil.

anything