Author Topic: The Rami is dialed in...  (Read 917 times)

Offline Big Dave

The Rami is dialed in...
« on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:18 AM »
The Rami goes to the range with me twice a week and it is one of my favorite guns to shoot. 

The shortest distance at my range is 25 yards. 

I didn't do too well at first and put quite a few holes in my frame.  But, I stuck with it and can keep most of them within the 6" target.  This is my best group so far.

I thought about putting in a couple of clicks to the right but there was a nice cluster in the center...so I'm leaving the rear sight where it is.

My favorite load is with Zero JHP bullets.  I thought I would be able to break a 1" group at 25 yards but 1.5" was the best I could get from a rest.  I'd be interested to see how it would do on a ransom rest.

One of the main reasons I got the Rami was all the good reports on accuracy.  Yep, it's an accurate sub compact.
Dave

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: The Rami is dialed in...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
Nice job!

Offline actvlsnr

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:49:26 AM »
Phenomenal Big Dave. Very nice. How long have you shot the Rami?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Online Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 08:01:31 AM »
Good shooting! Thanks for listing distance with your target pics.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »
Nice shooting!  Thanks for the pics.

Offline armabill

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:35:51 AM »
For a Rami, 25 yards is pretty far. You have to remember, it's a self defense gun not a target gun.

Nice shooting, nothing wrong with those groups at that range.

Offline Psyop96

The Rami is dialed in...
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 01:09:33 PM »
Shooting great groups at that distance gives you confidence at what can be done with that short barrel. You'll just know that it's the shooters and not likely the equipment if it doesn't cluster well at lesser distances. Nice report!

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 12:01:36 AM »
Awesome shooting!

At 7 yards you would just have one ragged hole!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:19:51 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline copemech

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 01:09:53 AM »
Yea, pretty friggin awesome little piece! I really like mine as well.

I have lighter  small guns, but not BETTER ! O0

Offline best sale

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 12:55:46 AM »
very impressive performance imho.. Can't wait to lay my hand on one & get it Cajunized.

Offline klamathsteel

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 12:58:15 AM »
Very good shooting !  What is the rest you're shooting off of in the first pic ???

Offline Big Dave

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 02:44:10 AM »
Thanks guys.

How long have you shot the Rami?
It took me a couple of months to dial in the load and was only shooting off the rest.  I went through many, many loads.  It seemed to like 124 / 125 grain pills the best.  That particular bullet is sold as a 38 super bullet and is just a hair wider than the standard 9mm.   After the load testing, I've been shooting it offhand for about 3 months / twice a week.  It has taken that long to really get comfortable with it.  The short barrel is a challenge.

You have to remember, it's a self defense gun not a target gun.
Yea, being that we can't carry in Hawaii it's strictly a range gun for me.  I thought it would be a good carry gun if I ever had the opportunity.  Its fun to push the limits with a smaller gun.  I shoot it out to 100 yards but mostly stick with the 50 yards steel plates and 25 yard paper punching. 

Can't wait to lay my hand on one & get it Cajunized
Right, the smooth and light trigger from Cajun Gun Works is a big help.  Also, having a sight picture that works for my eyes is mandatory.  I went for a .100 wide front sight and it gives me the same sight picture that I have on my other guns.  The fiber optic helps to keep me focused on the sight when I start to get tired. 

What is the rest you're shooting off of in the first pic
Protektor...at the time I think it was cheaper on their ebay store or you can call them.  Good American company, rock solid products.
http://protektormodel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=32
http://protektormodel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2
http://protektormodel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=12

Take care,
Dave

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »
Very nice...especially with a Rami.  They are solid shooting pistols.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »
Thanks guys.

How long have you shot the Rami?
It took me a couple of months to dial in the load and was only shooting off the rest.  I went through many, many loads.  It seemed to like 124 / 125 grain pills the best.  That particular bullet is sold as a 38 super bullet and is just a hair wider than the standard 9mm.   After the load testing, I've been shooting it offhand for about 3 months / twice a week.  It has taken that long to really get comfortable with it.  The short barrel is a challenge.

You have to remember, it's a self defense gun not a target gun.
Yea, being that we can't carry in Hawaii it's strictly a range gun for me.  I thought it would be a good carry gun if I ever had the opportunity.  Its fun to push the limits with a smaller gun.  I shoot it out to 100 yards but mostly stick with the 50 yards steel plates and 25 yard paper punching. 

Can't wait to lay my hand on one & get it Cajunized
Right, the smooth and light trigger from Cajun Gun Works is a big help.  Also, having a sight picture that works for my eyes is mandatory.  I went for a .100 wide front sight and it gives me the same sight picture that I have on my other guns.  The fiber optic helps to keep me focused on the sight when I start to get tired. 

What is the rest you're shooting off of in the first pic
Protektor...at the time I think it was cheaper on their ebay store or you can call them.  Good American company, rock solid products.
http://protektormodel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=32
http://protektormodel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2
http://protektormodel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=12

Take care,
Dave

Is that Koko Head range? I guess that would be about the only public range on Oahu.

Hawaii sucks for gun ownership. I used to go pig hunting out there on occasion, but you're supposed to register your guns at HPD, which is a PITA, not to mention un-Constitutional.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 03:11:35 PM »
25 yards with a RAMI... on a 6" target?  I don't think I'd even see the target at that distance.