Author Topic: The Rami is dialed in...  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Big Dave

Re: The Rami is dialed in...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 04:25:19 AM »
Is that Koko Head range? I guess that would be about the only public range on Oahu.

Yes sir.  Yea, the gun laws are restrictive.  I quit shooting for 15 years because I got fed up with the gun registration hassles.  But, I got over it and really appreciate our fantastic public range.  It's a large and busy range with a lot of knowledgeable shooters. There's a couple guys that retired from the Army Marksmanship Unit and they are unreal.  One of them picked up a revolver I was shooting and shot a 1 inch / 5 shot group in double action at 25 yards.  I asked him what he could do at 50 yards and he made a circle with his thumb and middle finger.  Those guys are human bench rests.  He shot my Rami offhand better than I could do off the bench rest. 

So, there's pluses and minuses.  I grew up in Louisiana and was able to shoot on open land.  Times have changed. 

Dave

Offline Big Dave

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 03:16:23 AM »
Out of curiosity I fired some self defense rounds through the Rami today to see how the point of impact compared to my hand loads.

The flyers were lack of focus.  But, the Federal HST appears to group better than the Gold Dots.  The ammo was older and I didn't have enough to shoot more...but I think I'd buy more of the HST if I was looking for self defense ammo for the Rami.  The recoil was better than what I was expecting for both.  I could see a little flash (during daylight) with the HST and I didn't notice any flash with the Gold Dots.  The HST's shot a little lower so that tells me the velocity was faster than the Gold Dots.

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »
Love my RAMI, and carry it most every day.  Great gun and THAT is some very nice shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 03:22:16 PM »
I, too, find the 9mm HST's to shoot the best out of all my CZ's.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:53 PM »
Try the standard pressure 124 grain HST's. They might be more accurate than the +P's.

Offline Big Dave

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:44 AM »
Thanks guys.

I was not aware that HST came in standard pressure.  Looks like they do great in 3" barrels. 

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 11:34:28 PM »
Ammo Quest Standard pressure link:-
Also Lucky Gunner test results which cover other calibers as well as 9mm:- http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm

anything