Author Topic: CZ75B Omega - Safety  (Read 408 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ75B Omega - Safety
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 05:26:28 AM »
The firing pin is always locked until the trigger is pulled and the lifter arm releases it. The CZ is perfectly safe to carry hammer all the way down, at half cock or cocked and locked.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 12:21:53 AM »
The firing pin is always locked until the trigger is pulled and the lifter arm releases it. The CZ is perfectly safe to carry hammer all the way down, at half cock or cocked and locked.
Agree completely.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Louis

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 02:22:00 AM »
I have to admit I like this feature, so that extra pull on the trigger before firing is actually the un-locking of the firing pin. Thumbs up to CZ.

Thanks guys.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 07:13:39 AM »
Louis, I don't have your pistol in my hand to be sure, but I can tell you how my P07, P09s and most of my CZ 75's feel when I pull the trigger.

If I pull the trigger slowly it moves back and then I can feel a "stop".  That is the point where the trigger bar contact the firing pin block lifter in the sear cage and starts to lift the firing pin block upwards.  If I continue to pull the trigger, slowly, I can feel a second "stop".  This is the point where the trigger bar begins to move the sear to release the hammer.  If you have a good trigger it won't take any perceptible rearward movement, at this point, to release the hammer.

There's a spring that is part of the firing pin block "system" that pushes it down all the time.  The lever in the sear cage compresses this spring as it moves the firing pin block upwards to clear the firing pin for full forward movement.  After the gun fires and you let up on the trigger, the lever moves downward and the spring pushes the firing pin block back downwards so that it again blocks the firing pin from moving forward far enough to strike the primer and fire the cartridge in the chamber.

I don't carry on half cock.  Not because it's dangerous, but because I carry cocked and locked (hammer at full cock, round in the chamber, safety ON).

It's my understanding (could be wrong) that the half cock notch is on the regular CZ 75 hammer to catch the hammer if someone is thumb cocking it and the hammer slips out from under their thumb.  The half cock notch will catch on the sear and stop the hammer from fully striking the back of the slide/firing pin.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Louis

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 08:10:04 AM »
Much appreciated M1A4ME

I was always under the impression if for example; that if gun was dropped on the hammer with a round in the chamber and the hammer down it would fire off that round. In my younger days I was only exposed to my dad's hi-power browning. After a few more visits to the range and will then start carrying one up. From our local dealer he advised that the PO7 has the same trigger and hammer system as the 75B.

off topic here - is there any preferred branded or certain grain rounds that works well with the CZ's

Offline Tyerone

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »
I shoot a wide assortment of ammo, but my full size CZ absolutely loves Win NATO 124gr ammo-- tightest groups on paper!  Its just a smidgen over standard pressure but not to the pressure of +P.  Theoretically,  all NATO ammo should perform similarly and I've been tempted to try some MEM from germany, but if it ain't broke (or less expensive) then, well.... you know.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 06:48:05 AM »
I've had the best groups with the lighter bullets.

I shoot mostly 115 grain bullets in my 9MM CZs. 

A lot of folks shoot the 124 grain bullets are report good groups with those as well (I bought some awhile back but haven't got around to loading them up yet.)

I've tried some 147 grain loads and I just don't get the smaller groups with those I get with the 115 grain bullets.  On paper?  Yes.  Nice tight groups where some bullets end up tearing the same hole in the paper as a previous bullet?  Nope.

Of the store bought 115 grain FMJ ammo I've bought I get the best groups with Federal in the brass cases.  Very nice tight groups.  The same bullet weight in Winchester brand just won't shoot those nice tight groups.

Seen this in the other models of CZ 9MM, too.  The P09, the CZ 85 (Pre B) and the CZ Compacts just seem to shoot the lighter bullets better.  Even the "hot" hollow point loads.

Seems like, when Joe was using his P09 for competition he was using the lighter bullets, but I don't remember if they were 115 or 124 grain.  I think it was the 115's, but I might be wrong.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.