Author Topic: CZ75B Omega - Safety  (Read 6394 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ75B Omega - Safety
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 05:26:28 AM »
The firing pin is always locked until the trigger is pulled and the lifter arm releases it. The CZ is perfectly safe to carry hammer all the way down, at half cock or cocked and locked.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 12:21:53 AM »
The firing pin is always locked until the trigger is pulled and the lifter arm releases it. The CZ is perfectly safe to carry hammer all the way down, at half cock or cocked and locked.
Agree completely.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Louis

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 02:22:00 AM »
I have to admit I like this feature, so that extra pull on the trigger before firing is actually the un-locking of the firing pin. Thumbs up to CZ.

Thanks guys.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 07:13:39 AM »
Louis, I don't have your pistol in my hand to be sure, but I can tell you how my P07, P09s and most of my CZ 75's feel when I pull the trigger.

If I pull the trigger slowly it moves back and then I can feel a "stop".  That is the point where the trigger bar contact the firing pin block lifter in the sear cage and starts to lift the firing pin block upwards.  If I continue to pull the trigger, slowly, I can feel a second "stop".  This is the point where the trigger bar begins to move the sear to release the hammer.  If you have a good trigger it won't take any perceptible rearward movement, at this point, to release the hammer.

There's a spring that is part of the firing pin block "system" that pushes it down all the time.  The lever in the sear cage compresses this spring as it moves the firing pin block upwards to clear the firing pin for full forward movement.  After the gun fires and you let up on the trigger, the lever moves downward and the spring pushes the firing pin block back downwards so that it again blocks the firing pin from moving forward far enough to strike the primer and fire the cartridge in the chamber.

I don't carry on half cock.  Not because it's dangerous, but because I carry cocked and locked (hammer at full cock, round in the chamber, safety ON).

It's my understanding (could be wrong) that the half cock notch is on the regular CZ 75 hammer to catch the hammer if someone is thumb cocking it and the hammer slips out from under their thumb.  The half cock notch will catch on the sear and stop the hammer from fully striking the back of the slide/firing pin.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Louis

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 08:10:04 AM »
Much appreciated M1A4ME

I was always under the impression if for example; that if gun was dropped on the hammer with a round in the chamber and the hammer down it would fire off that round. In my younger days I was only exposed to my dad's hi-power browning. After a few more visits to the range and will then start carrying one up. From our local dealer he advised that the PO7 has the same trigger and hammer system as the 75B.

off topic here - is there any preferred branded or certain grain rounds that works well with the CZ's

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »
I shoot a wide assortment of ammo, but my full size CZ absolutely loves Win NATO 124gr ammo-- tightest groups on paper!  Its just a smidgen over standard pressure but not to the pressure of +P.  Theoretically,  all NATO ammo should perform similarly and I've been tempted to try some MEM from germany, but if it ain't broke (or less expensive) then, well.... you know.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 06:48:05 AM »
I've had the best groups with the lighter bullets.

I shoot mostly 115 grain bullets in my 9MM CZs. 

A lot of folks shoot the 124 grain bullets are report good groups with those as well (I bought some awhile back but haven't got around to loading them up yet.)

I've tried some 147 grain loads and I just don't get the smaller groups with those I get with the 115 grain bullets.  On paper?  Yes.  Nice tight groups where some bullets end up tearing the same hole in the paper as a previous bullet?  Nope.

Of the store bought 115 grain FMJ ammo I've bought I get the best groups with Federal in the brass cases.  Very nice tight groups.  The same bullet weight in Winchester brand just won't shoot those nice tight groups.

Seen this in the other models of CZ 9MM, too.  The P09, the CZ 85 (Pre B) and the CZ Compacts just seem to shoot the lighter bullets better.  Even the "hot" hollow point loads.

Seems like, when Joe was using his P09 for competition he was using the lighter bullets, but I don't remember if they were 115 or 124 grain.  I think it was the 115's, but I might be wrong.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Louis

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »
Was at the range over the weekend and tried out the different grain ammo and also found that the 115 grain to be abit better. Thanks to the forum and you guys learning about this firearm was made easier.

the rounds I recently purchased stated made in CZ, they were more pricey then the other ammo. this was advised by a local dealer.

for self defence would hollow points be the best ammo.

Offline Louis

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »
Wanted to say thanks all for the advice and support.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 08:46:08 AM »
The right hollow points would be better for self defense than full metal jacketed bullets, as long as hollow points are legal where you live.

What's best?  What functions reliably in your pistol and shoots good groups for you.

You can practice with cheaper ammo (Full Metal Jacket) and use the hollow points for self defense.  Just be sure you know where the hollow points hit POI (Point Of Impact) vs. POA (Point Of Aim).  It may be different than the practice ammo.

Offline sberres

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »
I just got my 75 Omega a few weeks ago. Being the convertible, which I assume yours is as well since it sounds new, it came with the decocker installed. I had to try it out with the safety installed and found the same thing. I didn't find any reference to the safety notch position and safety engagement in the manual that I'd previously downloaded but references here made sense about only engaging the safety when the hammer is fully cocked. Everything I'd come across had indicated that these are meant to be carried cocked and locked or hammer down with the safety off. As I don't really plan to carry it except around the yard and range I'll just leave it set up in decocker mode since that's essentially what it is with the hammer down, safety off, one in chamber.
  Except that when operated as a decocker the hammer rests on the safety notch and the DA trigger pull is a bit shorter than if the hammer is all the way down, as it would be with safety lever off. I just don't really want to carry it around cocked and locked so for me the decocker option is the better fit.
  Have you thought about that option?  Assuming your model is the 91136?
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.
SB

bonj

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 05:36:43 PM »
Decockers confuse me. I want a safety. I can always decock a gun manually without a latch do do so. At the range I want the safety engaged when the gun is not in my hand. Which is why I opted for the safety mode on my #91136 in liue of the factory shipped decocker.

On another note, I can't figure out why any one would buy any CZ other than the #91136, which already comes with a better trigger system and a better flatter trigger that doesn't need to be sent to CGW for replacing.

On another note would anyone like to buy my CZ 75 SP-01 #91152 with Cajun Gun Works upgrade LNIB with the CGW CZ 85C Combat trigger and lighter DA trigger pull reduction springs installed.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »
Decockers confuse me. I want a safety. I can always decock a gun manually without a latch do do so. At the range I want the safety engaged when the gun is not in my hand. Which is why I opted for the safety mode on my #91136 in liue of the factory shipped decocker.

On another note, I can't figure out why any one would buy any CZ other than the #91136, which already comes with a better trigger system and a better flatter trigger that doesn't need to be sent to CGW for replacing.

On another note would anyone like to buy my CZ 75 SP-01 #91152 with Cajun Gun Works upgrade LNIB with the CGW CZ 85C Combat trigger and lighter DA trigger pull reduction springs installed.

On another note I don't understand why a de-cocker would confuse you but maybe that has more to do with you than the de-cocker. On another note I can't figure out why some people never understand that everyone doesn't tend to always like the same thing that's why we have options.
Oh yeah on another note you could probably post your gun for sale in the classifieds where it belongs.

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 12:20:35 PM »
Strangely enough, my 75B also can engage the safety at the half cock position. That being said, the safety lever becomes very taunt and gritty if you try to put the safety on at half cock. So I avoid that lever position altogether.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »
I have a 75B Omega (Non Converible) and looking at the CZ onwers manual and I can see how someone could get confused. Here is the exact wording copied from the manual:

I show in red where they say the safety can only be engaged when the hammer us cocked and then later they say it can be engaged with the hammer de-cocked. I know for a fact I can lower my hammer to the "half-cock" position and the safety will engage.

Engaging the Safety Mode
The version equipped with a decocking device is not covered in this section!

Push the safety up to the Safety-On position (Fig. 5) until the red warning dot is
covered. The safety in this position blocks the trigger mechanism and slide, thus preventing
the pulling of the trigger and operating the slide. The safety can be engaged only when the
hammer is cocked
, and for this reason it is applied especially in the case of a short-term
interruption of shooting.
Besides the method previously described it is possible to put the pistol into a safety
mode and still be ready to fire immediately:
Load the pistol. Grasp the grip, POINT IN A SAFE DIRECTION. With thumb press on
the grooved area (thumb piece) of the hammer, pull the trigger and release the hammer
slowly ahead until it rests on the action or safety thumb of the hammer. Release the trigger.
Practise this operation very carefully to avoid an accidental discharge! We strongly
recommend to practise this operation beforehand with the pistol unloaded!
In this state the pistol is safe for all normal handling and at the same time ready for
immediate use. The design of this handgun incorporates the feature that the manual safety
can not be applied when the hammer is not cocked to avoid reducing the readiness of the
pistol for use by accidental engaging of the manual safety

This is the one I have: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-%CF%89-omega-9mm-black-16rd-mags/

anything