Author Topic: Generation Changes for the P09?  (Read 409 times)

Offline kbahus

Generation Changes for the P09?
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:46:55 AM »
Have there been any generation changes to the P09 since it was introduced? Anything that could be identified by pictures? I know there were some changes to the P07, but couldn't find anything about the P09 model. I want to make sure I am getting the latest model and have the ability to swap the decocker for the safety. Thanks!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Generation Changes for the P09?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
The P-07/P-09 series can ALL be converted from decocker to safety. You just need to be sure the gun you buy comes with those parts as not all versions do. The parts can how ever be purchased separately. The year of manufacture is roll marked on the right side (ejection port side) of CZ pistols so you will know you are getting the newest pistol.

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »
I have notice that the p-09 comes with different triggers.  I believe the early p-09 had a some what of a straight trigger with bend towards the bottom.  The latest versions comes with a trigger with a slight curve only.

Offline CraZy81

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
I also believe that the newer P09 models have a shorter trigger pin. Older ones are flush to the frame. Mine which is a 16 model year has a shorter one. Wondering if that was due to complaints of the longer pin walking out about a 1/16 of an inch.