Author Topic: Stock Bushing Removal on the cheap for the 10X Bushing install  (Read 1764 times)

Offline JBLee

Removing the factory bushing from the slide in order to install the 10X bushing can be approached several ways but I found one that most of us can whip up pretty quickly and with tools we already have on hand. Once the sight/bushing pin is removed from the slide and put in a SAFE place, I used a Craftsman 10mm 1/4' socket for my pushing end with a 3" extension and a 6mm Hex Key inserted into the extension. The socket is a great fit against the bushing on the inside of the slide and the Hex Key allows you a good surface to hammer, (I used a polymer hammer), upon. A few firm taps and the bushing pops right out. Now your slide is ready for the Cajun 10X bushing. Hope this helps, the 10X bushing really does improve accuracy and should be high on the list of hot rod additions to your CZ 75. It's easy to do and now you have one less excuse for not going for it!

No matter where you go..there you are - Buckaroo Banzai

Offline fastlane604

Re: Stock Bushing Removal on the cheap for the 10X Bushing install
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
Thanks, JB. Great tip.

Offline rhart

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:33:07 AM »
Cool. Good old American ingenuity!

Offline rhart

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 05:37:51 AM »
I used a Craftsman 10mm 1/4' socket

Is that an impact socket (looks black)? I don't know if there is a difference in diameter between impact sockets and regular ones?

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
Once the sight/bushing pin is removed from the slide and put in a SAFE place,

I'm sensing there's a story there...

Offline krehmkej

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »
That's chrome socket.
Black impacts are much thicker.
When I did my .40, it needed an 11mm Craftsman socket.
Used a wobble extension bar for clearance:

-jwk-

Offline mkd

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 08:59:41 AM »
been a while since ive been here! lots of new things going on. can someone tell me how easy or difficult it is to remove stock barrel bushing and install the cajun bushing in a p-01? it's not stock and ive done most of the respringing,polishing, and mods myself. just dont want to get in over my head. how difficult is it to allign the sight groove to the slide? can the bushing be rotated if installed chilled so it can be alligned?

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
I did the install on an SP-01. Not difficult at all to align.  I let my old bushing soak in Kroil for a few minutes. I punched it out with an 11 mm socket oriented with the extension end facing the muzzle.  Taped up the slide. Inserted two 6 inch extensions in the open end of the socket and wacked the end of the extension three or four times.

I froze the new bushing. However, I was impatient and it was only in the freezer about 20 minutes.  But I could insert the new bushing by hand in far enough that I could line it up. At that point in was held in place by friction.  Had I wanted to adjust it, I could.  I then tapped it on a block of soft wood until it was tight.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:24:25 PM by fastlane604 »

Offline clw42

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 08:16:21 AM »
I used the OP's method.  Worked like a charm on my S2.

Offline mw212

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 12:14:21 AM »
I've been hammering at the bushing for half an hour now, and it hasn't budged even a little.  Anyone have any other ideas?

Offline cntrydawwwg

Stock Bushing Removal on the cheap for the 10X Bushing install
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 12:27:59 AM »
I've been hammering at the bushing for half an hour now, and it hasn't budged even a little.  Anyone have any other ideas?
    Probably a stupid question, but did you remove the front sight pin first?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:35:26 AM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Online PJCZ

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »

I am on the same boat. Followed OPs instructions to the T including the removal of the sight pin and have hammered (32 oz dead blow) the daylight out of it to no avail. She is one stubborn bushing and does not budge at all. Any other trick or recommendation you may have for the uninitiated?

Offline mw212

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »

Probably a stupid question, but did you remove the front sight pin first?

Not really a stupid question, since the first couple times I smacked it, I had forgotten to take the pin out.  I've since removed the bushing though, turns out it was just in there tighter than I thought it would be.

Offline mw212

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »
I am on the same boat. Followed OPs instructions to the T including the removal of the sight pin and have hammered (32 oz dead blow) the daylight out of it to no avail. She is one stubborn bushing and does not budge at all. Any other trick or recommendation you may have for the uninitiated?

So it turns out mine just needed more force.  The hex key wasn't giving me enough leverage so I stuck a large flathead screwdriver into the end of the 3" extension which gave me much better leverage and surface area to hammer at.  Just make sure to protect the inside of your slide.  I placed an old belt between the screwdriver and the slide.

Online Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
Great post! It's awesome to see the various members find different ways to knock out the bushings. Thanks for sharing!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

anything