Author Topic: Is the RAMI too blocky/chunky?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline matty76

Is the RAMI too blocky/chunky?
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »
Posted this question on an old thread but wanted to get more feedback on this:

I started looking at RAMIs because I love my SP-01 and wanted a compact option (and my local shop called to say a RAMI just came in, which is rare). But many have said the gun is too blocky/chunky. I looked at the spec on CZ's site and the width is still less than the SP01, which I find to be very ergonomic for me. I'd love to get more opinions on this.

Offline PnoyGeek

Re: Is the RAMI too blocky/chunky?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:03:37 PM »
The RAMI is actually a sub-compact. If you really want a compact CZ then the P-01, PCR or the steel 75B compact (with the rail or without the rail) are your choices.  The grip on the RAMI is short to be able to get a 3-finger grip with 10-round magazine.  But it normally comes with a 14-round magazine with grip extension to make it easier to get a full grip on the pistol.  But size-wise the RAMI should be great for CCW especially during warmer climates.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »
The RAMI is chunky - and that's why I like it. It handles recoil like a champ and if you have big hands like I do it goes well. Compared to my Sig P938 it's a beast but that's what I like about it. With the extension it feels close to a compact sized and handles accordingly - for me.

Sent from my Mate 9.  Sorry if I missed any misspellings.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
That really comes down to personal preference. It is not a very small gun, but it is small enough for me to squeeze through brush without it getting caught. But still thick enough to get off controlled accurate shots.

Offline matty76

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
If I am deciding between RAMI and P-01 for carry, which would be better? Seems like on other forums people lean toward P-01 when deciding between the 2.

Offline Husky629

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »
I was like the original poster.  I loved my SP-01 Tactical and wanted a smaller CZ to carry.  I went with the RAMI BD because I can't afford to print in some situations.  Plus, the short barrel and grip make it much more comfortable & concealable if you want to aiwb carry.  If you do want the grip length and 14+1 of a P01/PCR, you can always put in the extended magazine.  I've only had it a couple months, but I would make the same choice again.  No buyers remorse.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »
Posted this question on an old thread but wanted to get more feedback on this:

I started looking at RAMIs because I love my SP-01 and wanted a compact option (and my local shop called to say a RAMI just came in, which is rare). But many have said the gun is too blocky/chunky. I looked at the spec on CZ's site and the width is still less than the SP01, which I find to be very ergonomic for me. I'd love to get more opinions on this.
Yes the RAMI is chunky. That being said it is a joy to shoot. Can be carried in an IWB holster easily without printing. If you want to go with the 10 round magazine then the Pearce magazine extensions make a three finger grip possible rather than the two finger with standard 10 round magazine. I have never had any regrets buying mine after a long convoluted search.

Offline BuckJm53

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 07:51:56 AM »
If I am deciding between RAMI and P-01 for carry, which would be better? Seems like on other forums people lean toward P-01 when deciding between the 2.

Matty ... While a very good case can be made for both pistols, the real question is of course which is best for you and that decision can only be made by you after handling and shooting both (if at all possible).  That said, I personally prefer the RAMI which has been a part of my carry rotation since 2010, and personally don't find it "blocky" or "chunky".  In my experience it conceals very well, is comfortable to shoot and is quite accurate for a sub-compact pistol.  Good luck with your decision.
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free" - Ronald Reagan
The Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 07:55:40 AM »
I carry a 75D PCR.  I have looked at the RAMI for an easier concealable firearm, but it isn't that much smaller than the PCR for me to make the investment.  I may get one just for the heck of it, to try it out. 

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »
I have tried the single stacks and always come back to my RAMI. I do not think it's chunky. It is a pleasure to shoot unlike the sub-compact single stacks. I can shoot a couple of hundred rounds in the RAMI comfortably.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline Dodge807

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »
  I wouldn't say chunky, I would say it fills your hand. which is a lot more comfortable than most single stack sub compact handguns I have had the opportunity to shoot. when I first got my RAMI I thought I wouldn't like the 10 round magazine and would only use the 14 round mag, but I think the 10 round is more comfortable than the 14. CZs all have that same "fit your hand feel" and I don't think I would want it any other way.

Offline Sunkist

• NRA Instructor: Basic Pistol, Reloading, CCW
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »
My buddy has one and loves the feel of it. I didn't. It shot great to be sure. Then I picked up a PCR and never looked back. He has big hands. I don't. My EDC is the PCR and he carries the Rami or the Sig 238. Different strokes as said earlier.
"In the Land of the Blind the One-Eyed Man is King."

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »
I picked up a S&W Shield .45 acp; it felt too thin in my hands after carrying the Rami for all these months.  Nope, I'm sticking with my Rami for carry...

Offline haywizzle

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »
I bought my Rami because I shot my Shadow so much I wanted the same ergos. CZ's point so well for me I can't carry any other gun and be as proficient without hundreds of hours of practice. If you get one and decide it's not for you then you wouldn't have an issue selling it "almost" new.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »
No its perfect (for my preferred OWB carry).  My Beretta PX4sc is by far chunkier, but almost perfect!  Both great OWB carry options for me, as is the PCR.

For pocket, a single stack for sure.

anything