Author Topic: CZ 75B Omega vs CZ 75BD Omega  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Elliot45

CZ 75B Omega vs CZ 75BD Omega
« on: March 14, 2017, 10:21:42 AM »
I'm interested in purchasing a CZ 75 and I can't find a CZ 75BD Omega.  However, I have found the 75B Omega for sale.  Other than one having a decocker, is there any other difference between the two as in does one have a better trigger than the other or are they about the same?  Also, is there any downside to the Omega trigger?  I'm planning on using this pistol mostly at the range but not in competitive shooting competition.  I don't really need this but gun but have heard good things about the CZs.  Let me know what you think, should I wait or not?  Thanks, Elliot45

Offline cntrydawwwg

CZ 75B Omega vs CZ 75BD Omega
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »
Welcome aboard from MT.   
      There is no BD Omega. The current model 75 Omega, can switch between safety and decocker like the P series. Should come with all parts. The 1st gen 75 Omega was safety only, and cannot switch to decocker.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:01:16 AM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Elliot45

Re: CZ 75B Omega vs CZ 75BD Omega
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:07:38 AM »
That being said, is the trigger the same on both the CZ 75 Omega convertible and the 75B Omega?  Also, what about the 75B and how does it compare with the guns that have the Omega trigger? 

Offline whitecap

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »
I don't think you really understood the response by CD. There are not 2 guns, they are the same gun. The 75B Omega is the convertible CZ pistol. It converts from safety model to de-cocker model and normally comes with both options in the box. There is however a CZ 75B (non Omega) and it does come as a de-cocker(75BD) or 75B with the safety. If you want the ability to change you would be looking for a 75B Omega. I hope this will be helpful in determining what to look for. The trigger control groups are different on these 2 models and strong opinions are held on both.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »
I don't think you really understood the response by CD. There are not 2 guns, they are the same gun. The 75B Omega is the convertible CZ pistol. It converts from safety model to de-cocker model and normally comes with both options in the box. There is however a CZ 75B (non Omega) and it does come as a de-cocker(75BD) or 75B with the safety. If you want the ability to change you would be looking for a 75B Omega. I hope this will be helpful in determining what to look for. The trigger control groups are different on these 2 models and strong opinions are held on both.

This is incorrect. There are 2 versions of the CZ 75B Omega. The early version was not convertible while the later versions are convertible between safety/decocker.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »
To echo SVPB, you have to check out which version of the CZ 75 B Omega model you are looking at.  The earlier version (pre-2016) is safety only and externally resembles a standard CZ 75 B with only one safety lever. It is marked on the left side of the slide with the Omega symbol.

The convertible version was introduced in 2016. Generally speaking, the convertible version has a different looking trigger shape (slight straightness in the middle), hammer (looks like a race hammer), decocker/safety levers and the rear sights have a ledge that hangs over the back of the slide. The "BD" nomenclature is not used in the Omega models as there's not a dedicated decocking model like the CZ 75 BD.

In a nutshell, fhe Omega trigger system with one trigger bar was designed as a way to simplify unit level maintenance over the original system using dual trigger bars. As also indicated above, personal preference will dictate which one you will gravitate to and whether you plan to keep it "stock" or do internal upgrades. Good luck with your search.

Offline Elliot45

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 08:58:36 AM »
Thanks for everyone's replies.  I do understand that there are two versions of the 75B Omega, one pre 2015 with the standard safety and the 2016 75B convertible.  Right now the models of 75B's I've found available are the plain 75B and the 75B Omega, neither one which is local to me.  I think I like the idea of having a decocker so I may wait and get the 75B Convertible.  Right now my thought is probably leaving the gun stock.  I say that but when I purchased my S&W M&P Pro (5 inch barrel) I ended up having an Apex trigger kit installed which decreased the trigger pull and smoothed out the action. And I have to say that I am picking about wanting good triggers on a gun.  My hopes are that the 75B Omega Convertible would have a good enough trigger, especially in single action, that I wouldn't need to fool with it.  One question I'm still not sure of is whether there is any difference between the triggers in the two Omega versions with the standard safety or the convertible model. Also, I think I've read that the Omega trigger system is better than the one on the standard 75B, unless the second one has modifications.  Can someone confirm that?  Appreciate it.  Regards, Elliot45

Offline JRhodes

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »
I have all of these versions you speak of.  I would say the omega trigger is different but not necessarily better.  I guess I could see how someone would say it was better though simply because the prefer the different feel. Personally I prefer the standard trigger system but I have upgraded most of mine with CGW pro package.  I've also upgraded the omegas too.  The end result is a slight improvement on the omegas and a phenomenal improvement on the standard 75's.  As far as stock triggers I prefer the 75's over the omegas.  On another note all the omegas feel different in each model to me.  The 75 omega feels different than the the P-07 and it feels different than the P-09. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Elliot45

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »
JRhodes, thanks for the info.  From you comments, it appears that since an upgrade does less to the Omega trigger, if I chose one of them, I would probably not benefit much in doing an upgrade and should pretty much accept the trigger as it is which is ok with me.  After pricing out what an upgraded trigger for a 75B would cost, I probably won't go that way which helps make my decision easier.  If I were getting into competition then I could justify such an expenditure.  Anyway, thanks again for your information.  Regards, Elliot45

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 12:19:20 AM »
Elliot45, I don't think you'll go wrong with either. I've handle a couple Omegas, I myself prefer the non Omega trigger.
   The biggest difference IMO between the 75B and 75 Omega is the beavertail. The Omega has an upswept beavertail, which I really like. So they both have features I like.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Elliot45

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »
cntrydawwwg, thanks for all the info.  Also, I wouldn't have thought about the change in the beavertail, not that it should be the final determining factor but it is one factor.

Regards, Elliot45