Author Topic: 75B Matte Stainless and Dry Lube - What do ya think?  (Read 792 times)

Offline bayouredd

75B Matte Stainless and Dry Lube - What do ya think?
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »
I have a matte stainless 75 from the CZ Custom. It is ultra smooth to rack and to shoot. A bit more so than my CGW P01. It wipes clean after shooting, even 2 weeks later. I accredit that to being stainless, but not sure. I am thinking that this may be the perfect pistol to try a dry lube on; something like One-Shot or Finish Line. What does the gallery think?

Offline thedude

Re: 75B Matte Stainless and Dry Lube - What do ya think?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 07:07:39 PM »
I think any discussion on what lube to use always boils down to a personal choice and what works for them.  I would say try it and see how it works for you.  I like oil.  8)

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
I think any discussion on what lube to use always boils down to a personal choice and what works for them.  I would say try it and see how it works for you.  I like oil.  8)

Please don't think that I am asking which lube is best, because I am not. I am more curious as to reaction of a dry lube to a stainless 75. That you would rather oil and your opinion of why is what I am curious about. I can attest that my P01 likes to run wet as a lot of folks on here have said. I put a drop on my P01 before every range session (it definitely runs better) but the stainless could care less if I did or not.

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:03:48 AM »
I used militec1 and am pleased with the results. YMMV
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »
I've been using PrOlix for years
Works great as both; a Soak / Cleaner and a Lube
It and a BoreSnake and you're go to go
http://www.prolixlubricant.com/
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
Hopee's #9 and Mobile grease for the rails keeps mine running like new. No effect at all on the matte stainless except for exceptionally smooth functioning.
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:56 PM »
If it ain't broke ...

Save the dry lube for bicycles riding on dirt roads.

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
Did mine in militec1 and it cleans up quicker. I've since moved to eezox though. I do use the militec oil on the stainless friction spots just because I have it and don't want any problems with galling as others have mentioned that can be an issue with stainless.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb