Author Topic: All The Advice That I Can Get!!!  (Read 153 times)

Offline bayouredd

All The Advice That I Can Get!!!
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
Round 1
I was approached very discreetly today by one of my customers & asked if I knew anything about guns. It seems that the person in question has just lost her husband and has several guns that she doesn’t want her kids to have and she wants them out of her house. She just doesn’t want to be taken advantage of with the selling. This is all understandable, at least to me. My customer is a Doctor & my business is very much done on a trust basis. He didn’t want anything to do with it as he was asked first, but felt that I was trustworthy enough to ask.

At this point, I don’t have a clue as to what I am going to find or how large the collection is. I do know that the neighborhood that this is in is quite affluent so, I am a bit excited to see what this is all about. It could be that I will be in over my head, but have a very good and honest friend that would be excited to help. I would not do this without discussion with the party involved.

I may be posting this too soon but I would like some opinions and options for sales to give in the preliminary talks. Being in customer service for almost all of my adult life, I have no problem thinking that I can make her comfortable with my help.

Offline painter

Re: All The Advice That I Can Get!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:47:37 PM »
I'd be looking for a licensed appraiser that doesn't also buy collections.

The next step depends on the size of the collection IMO.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:57:16 PM »
Not seeing where you are from, be careful about what guns could be on a restricted or banned list for your state showing them to someone.  Common guns you can go to online sites like GunBroker.com or GunsAmerica for at least a rough idea of the value by what the used firearms  are selling for.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Rebel Scum
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »
Unless they are real collectors items, the auction sites and/or search engines will give you a ballpark figure - up or down dependent on condition/accessories and whatnot.

If they include rarities, take them to a proper appraiser, not Harry the Bastard Auctioneers, Car Sales, and Realty.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

anything