Author Topic: My Cajunized Rami after a few years of carry  (Read 640 times)

Offline haywizzle

My Cajunized Rami after a few years of carry
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
The little bugger is holding up strong! Carried daily in a N8 Tactical IWB original tuckable holster.
Went right from Kentucky Gun Co to CGW for the Pro-Package with heavier, more reliable spring setup. G10 grips also from CGW recently added. Pearce XD mag extension filed to fit.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: My Cajunized Rami after a few years of carry
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »
That's really nice looking pistol.

My nephew was looking for one and finally gave up and bought a Kimber.

Me?  I'd have just kept on looking for the Rami.

Those grip extensions really help.  Put one on the XDM 3.8 when my wife was still carrying it.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
The little bugger is holding up strong! Carried daily in a N8 Tactical IWB original tuckable holster.
Went right from Kentucky Gun Co to CGW for the Pro-Package with heavier, more reliable spring setup. G10 grips also from CGW recently added. Pearce XD mag extension filed to fit.

Good looking Rami. I've been considering a N82Tactical, how long have you been carrying with it? Are you happy with it?

Offline copemech

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 12:46:58 AM »
How well do you like those grips, I have been liking at them. Stock grips are not bad, but?

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 04:17:55 AM »
Ah, the elusive BD variant.  Everybody seems to want one, nobody can find one.  I am more than happy with my old safety model.  Congrats on a fine looking gun.  I really like those grips.  ;D

Offline haywizzle

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
That's really nice looking pistol.

My nephew was looking for one and finally gave up and bought a Kimber.

Me?  I'd have just kept on looking for the Rami.

Those grip extensions really help.  Put one on the XDM 3.8 when my wife was still carrying it.
Thanks I really like it and the extensions turn it into a different gun. I cant believe they don't sell them for the rami. I waited for the rami because i practice with my shadow all the time and have tons of mags for them.

Good looking Rami. I've been considering a N82Tactical, how long have you been carrying with it? Are you happy with it?
I carry appendix with it but do take it off in the car. Its been a few years. Its great everywhere else with a proper belt on my actual waist. It also doesn't marr the finish. I also have a crossbred sidesnap I bought used for OWB carry at 3 to 5 o'clock. I usually carry a larger gun if I go OWB. I also have a Old Faithful hybrid holster great for IWB at 4-5 o'clock. I prefer the N82 of the three.

How well do you like those grips, I have been liking at them. Stock grips are not bad, but?
I love them. Great texture. I got them after I started using skate grip tape on the front and back straps of my shadow. Helps keep a better grip for stressful shots. The rubbers are pretty nice I just wanted more texture.

Ah, the elusive BD variant.  Everybody seems to want one, nobody can find one.  I am more than happy with my old safety model.  Congrats on a fine looking gun.  I really like those grips.  ;D
Thanks. I didn't know they were that rare when I picked it up. I even found the 10rd package for my restrictive state. I see what they sell for and I've been tempted. When I move, one day, to a free state I might sell it to fund a CZC protek with 14 rounds flush fit. Until then I will trust my life to it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:09:00 AM by haywizzle »

Offline Ruber

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
Nice gun!  They sure hold up well, and I like those grips.

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 12:27:30 PM »
Very nice gun. I have been thinking about getting a Rami and getting rid of my XDS.
Since its your carry piece, guess its reliable and accurate.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline haywizzle

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
Nice gun!  They sure hold up well, and I like those grips.
Thanks, I agree they are great.

Very nice gun. I have been thinking about getting a Rami and getting rid of my XDS.
Since its your carry piece, guess its reliable and accurate.
Yes it is very accurate. I was using it at a local BUG (Back-up-gun) plate match this week with plates at about 40 ft. With proper form they gun gets it done. The winner of A class shot a Sig p238 .380 just beating out the local revolver guru shooting a 3 inch something or another with bunny fart loads.

anything