Author Topic: P-07 and Armalaser Stingray  (Read 378 times)

Offline pookieguy

P-07 and Armalaser Stingray
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:30:22 PM »
Hey all,

I just picked up a CZ P-07.  Amazing pistol after taking it to range today!

I see that it is impossible to find night sights right now so I was looking into lasers and the low profile Armalaser Stingray caught my eye.  I called them prior to ordering and while I found a page on their website that clearly states it is compatible with the P-07 and P-09, I called them and the nice person on the phone could not confirm this.  Said the rail may be too short.

Does anyone here have one of these on a P-07? Does it fit and does it work well?  If so, which "Stingray" model does seem to fit?

It is reasonably priced and would like to get one for now till I find night sights. 

Thank  you,

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
Re: P-07 and Armalaser Stingray
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »
Not sure if you've seen them but Cajun Gun Works offers a really nice set of night sights for the P-07/P-09...

https://cajungunworks.com/product/40343-cz-p-07p-09-night-sights/
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 10:14:04 PM »
Hi,
Thanks.  Yes, trust me, I know...

I've looked everywhere and loved that set but they have been out of stock for a while.  It says out of stock with no option to order them.  I contacted them.  Both CZ, CZCustom and Cajun have been out.  There are none available anywhere.

I'll grab this laser for now if I can confirm it fits and works well. 

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »
Hi,
Thanks.  Yes, trust me, I know...

I've looked everywhere and loved that set but they have been out of stock for a while.  It says out of stock with no option to order them.  I contacted them.  Both CZ, CZCustom and Cajun have been out.  There are none available anywhere.

I'll grab this laser for now if I can confirm it fits and works well.
what I'm about to say I'm not trying to talk you into or out of a laser,  I want you to make that decision with more info ...
An article I read ( don't remember where) the person brought up a great point about lasers.
In a SD situation you draw your pistol bring it up to your eye level, fixate on the front sight on the target you pull the trigger. The faster you can do that the chances of survival are the greatest. With a lot of  practice that could be accomplished in under a second.  Now w/Laser.... same situation you draw your pistol , your index finger must now go to the laser button to turn it on while bringing it up to eye level ..now and your eyes are searching , searching for a little red or green dot a the target ,when you see the dot on the target you pull the trigger.   ((What if the light malfunctions or your batteries are no good  ). difference is the time it takes for you to turn the laser on and search for that little red  or green dot with your eyes, much longer than a second possibly two or three. As the article said ( you don't have that kind of time).
Instead of spending a whole bunch of money on a very expensive laser by one of the cheap Chinese ones for $6 try that on your pistol first if you find it helps then spend the extra money on the good one. Really think about the amount of time it takes for your eyes to search for that. I'm not trying to talk you out of it just want you to really really really think about it.. SD it's not about a cool looking gun.
And yes there are many other applications that it may be good for.
when it comes down to it we're talking about your life. Self Defence
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:18:34 AM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 11:39:33 AM »
To add to the above^^^^^^ post.
Yes I did buy a laser.. and right after I did I read that article. Started dry-fire practice with the laser and found my eyes searching searching for the red dot and not even looking at the front sight .
 Watching many self-defense videos , EXPERT Marksman on how to draw , grip and aim a pistol, I don't think I found one they suggested a laser was faster, and not one had a laser on his gun.
THINK... in SELF DEFENCE you have only ONE CHANCE to get it right.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:43:49 AM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »
CZ Custom show the following sights in stock.  You have to buy it separately as it does not come as a set.

Front Night Sights:
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/front-sight/p07-p09-tritium-front-sight-5-5mm-x-125.html?___SID=U
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/front-sight/p07-p09-gold-f-s-5-5mm-tritium.html?___SID=U

Rear Night Sights:
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/rear-sights/p07-p09-h-tac-rear-tritium.html?___SID=U

My P-07 Duty came with factory night sights but if I were to change it out I might try the front sight with the gold outline with a blackout rear sight. Just like in the picture for the front sight with the gold outline.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:51:01 AM by PnoyGeek »

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »
Wow, thank you for the links.  I LOVE that tritium front sight with Gold outline.  The problem is that CZ told me there are many heights.  I wouldn't know if this 5mm would match my current rear sight that it came with.  How would I determine this?

I already see that the rear sight you sent wouldn't work as it says on description that you must match with 6.5mm front sight.

If I get this gold front, how do I find out if the 5mm height will be fine with my current rear sight from the factory?  I see now labels/numbers on any of the sights on the gun.

Thanks again,

--mike

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
After I posted the links I noticed that the sight do not match up.  It look like the rear sight that goes with the front sight is out of stock.

They have the black-out rear sight that can go with the those front sight.

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/rear-sights/p07-p09-rear-sights/p07-p09-tac-rear-black.html