Author Topic: Proud New 75b Owner  (Read 460 times)

Offline Lbj1891

Proud New 75b Owner
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:35:41 PM »
Hello all,

Im happy to report that I am the proud owner of a new 75b.

I'm coming from a beretta 92fs. The beretta is a great performer and in no way do I think Ill get rid of it. But, I had increasingly growing concerns regarding ergonomics and operation. For example, the safety decocker can accidentally be engaged with the hammer down causing the pistol to be inoperable. Why have a DA pull AND a safety that can be engaged. The reason I want the DA pull is to eliminate having to operate a safety. Also, with my grip, it caused my right thumb to ride the slide stop lever which wouldnt allow the pistol to lock back on an empty mag. I began to feel that these issues i was experiencing werent condusive to effective self defense.

The 75b fixed all of my concerns. When the pistol is in DA the safety cannot be engaged(brilliant). Also my grip mates better with the frame. My right thumb points straight forward and rides on top of the safety. This ensures that the saftey wont be engaged during operation. Im able to get good palm pressure from my left hand and since theres alot of frame real estate my left thumb can point straight forward on the frame. My left thumb actually rests over the "made in Czech Republic" stamp.

Overall, my accuracy and most importantly my confidence has vastly improved.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Proud New 75b Owner
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »
Welcome to the Forum and welcome to CZ
You're so right, I too have found that the CZ has the most natural point of any other Pistol I have ever held
You never have to change your hold or wrist angle to aim the CZ
They have always come straight up to target
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 10:41:46 PM »
Welcome to the addiction. 
I too prefer DA/SA actions and find my 75B to "B" an excellent shooter.
The half cock is also something to consider depending on the use.  It's essentially a lighter shorter DA.

Offline BuckJm53

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »
lbj ... Congrats on your new 75b :) .  Pictures and targets are now in order or it didn't happen  ;D
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free" - Ronald Reagan
The Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Offline steel

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:23:31 AM »
I know you will like your CZ.  Accuracy, dependability, and ergonomics are tops in my book.

From my standpoint, there is only one advantage with being able to engage the safety with the hammer down.  When things go south in a gunfight and the perpetrator gets your gun, they will not be able to figure out how to make it fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »
Glad you discovered the disease the rest of us have come down with. A lot of people complain about not being able to apply the safety with the hammer down but if you are carrying it for defense that feature could get you killed. Enjoy your gun and welcome to the forum, there are a lot of great people here and it is quite possibly the best forum on the internet.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 09:10:27 AM »
I have an Italian made Beretta 92FS that I bought new a few years ago.  Yes, I avoided them for many years due to the safety location, and operation.  It is a nice gun, and in general, I like Berettas, but I have had CZ's since the mid 1990's, and much prefer them.  I carry a 75D PCR, and use either my 75B, or 97B for home defense.  The Beretta is very reliable, but I don't get quite the accuracy as I do from my CZ's which are just as reliable.  Like you, I also prefer the frame mounted safety that operates the proper way. 

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 09:43:39 AM »
Since Beretta was my first "love", I call my 96 Centurion, "combat accurate" rather than a POS monstrosity that doesn't point naturally and can barely hit the broad side of a barn.

Of course, this reality only became evident after finding how natural my CZ Matte Stainless performs for me.  I now have a PCR and Rami for carry.

Despite my harsh words about the Centurion, I picked up a 96A1 and for some reason, I shoot it much better, about the same accuracy as the PX4sc, that is an awesome carry gun for me.  The 96A1wears a tactical light on the rail and was justified as a night stand gun.  Besides, I have all those magazines I can share!

Still, CZ is tops and the Berettas are seeing much less duty these last coiple of months except for the Nano, that remains a great pocket companion.

With regard to handguns, I have everything I could possibly need.  Still, the traditional CZ75 Compactseems to be calling my name.  Afer all, I have all those magazines already!

Offline Lbj1891

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
Quick question-

When i did ny initial cleaning, the recoil spring was easily removed from the guide rod. Now, that ive put a couole hundred rounds through, the recoil spring does not want to seperate from the guide rod!

Is this normal? I didnt think these springs were tapered...

*** Spoke with CZ. This definitely isn't normal. Have a new spring and metal guide rod on the way in mail.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:48:01 PM by Lbj1891 »

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »
Welcome to the growing CZ 75B club. Great pistol with great ergos. 
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

anything