Author Topic: The Czech's speak  (Read 1889 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: The Czech's speak
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 03:31:15 PM »
Poland has strict gun laws don't they?

Poland has loosened their Restrictions in 2014, a fair bit, but is still more controlled.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation#Poland
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline John A.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 05:37:53 PM »
Not sure that I agree with everything that was said, but I do agree with the vast majority of it.

Also interesting that there are only 300,000 licensed gun owners and about 800,000 guns.  That equals to about 2 3/4 guns per gun owner.

I know people who are anti gun that own more than that.

Ok let me explain that in a little more detail, antigun as in how most of the antigunners see it.  OK for them to own, but not OK for anyone else to own.

Kind of like Dianne Feinstein for instance.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »
To put that 2-3/4 guns per gun owner in perspective - The present average monthly wage in various regions of the Czech Republic range from €868-€1414 and private firearms ownership has been around for less than 28 years. Most of the new permit holders will own just one firearm as their motivation is primarily driven by self protection reasons.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 10:51:46 PM »
The more lawful owners the better in my mind.

Offline Psyop96

The Czech's speak
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
Informational video produced by the Prague city regional headquarters of the Czech police. "Un-ask the A-O, Barricade, Fight". The article references active shooter and terrorist attack. As far as I can recall, there has been only one mass shooting in the ČR, occurring a couple years ago in Uhersky Brod. Certainly don't need to understand the language to follow along on the video.
http://tydenikpolicie.cz/preventivni-videospot-ukaze-jak-reagovat-v-pripade-utoku-tzv-aktivniho-strelce/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:19:12 AM by Psyop96 »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
Czech Interior Minister announces complaint to be filed to the EU

https://www.gunsweek.com/en/current/news/czech-republics-complaint-against-eu-gun-ban-ready

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline John A.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
I don't blame cz for wanting to move.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 05:06:17 PM »
Just saw this article...

"Czech lawmakers have passed legislation in the lower parliament that would see the right to bear firearms enshrined in the country’s constitution in a move directed against tighter regulations from the European Union.
The legislation was passed with 139 deputies agreeing to the amendment to the constitution with only nine deputies voting against. The amendment will now be considered by the Czech Senate where it will require a supermajority of three-fifths of the members in order to pass into law, Die Presse reports."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/06/29/czech-republic-passes-constitutional-right-to-bear-arms/

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
Just saw this article...

"Czech lawmakers have passed legislation in the lower parliament that would see the right to bear firearms enshrined in the country’s constitution in a move directed against tighter regulations from the European Union.
The legislation was passed with 139 deputies agreeing to the amendment to the constitution with only nine deputies voting against. The amendment will now be considered by the Czech Senate where it will require a supermajority of three-fifths of the members in order to pass into law, Die Presse reports."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/06/29/czech-republic-passes-constitutional-right-to-bear-arms/

Sweet!  8) Hope the Czech Senate Vote goes in Favor!  :)

Offline John A.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
I hope the Senate does the right thing.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:50 AM »
From what I've read, I think they will. It seems many people high up in the Czech government are pushing for it. I would hazard a guess many of them remember being an occupied country, and don't want to give up their freedom again.

anything