Author Topic: Ordered a CZ 527 Lux with 1:9 twist, got a 527 with the 1:12 twist  (Read 5080 times)

Zeebz

Hello everyone

I recently placed an order online for a CZ 527 Lux in .223 Remington and it was listed on the site (Buds Gun Shop) to be model 03004, the newer model with the 1:9 twist on the barrel.  The gun arrived at my FFL yesterday and I ran up there to pick it up.  I checked it out before I left for any wear and tear and everything looked good.  The item information on the box also indicated it was the 527 Lux in .223 Remington with the 1:9 twist.  It had the correct UPC (806703030043) and model # (03004) as well.

I got home and took the rifle out and was cleaning it up and noticed that the barrel had 1:12" written on it, and also that the manufacture year on the rifle was 2014.  This didn't match up with what I ordered or what was written on the box that the gun came in.  The serial number for the gun also specified that it was supposed to be the 1:9 twist variant.  The gun has the same serial number as the one specified on the box, so no issue with serials.  Just the gun doesn't have the correct barrel twist rate.  Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't want to be limited to shooting 62gr and under bullets our of a 1:12 twist.  Part of the reason I bought the gun was so I could shoot 69gr match bullets.

I think what I got was model 03003, which was discontinued in 2014.  Shown here: http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-lux-223-rem-5-rd-mag/

I contacted Buds Gun Shop (who I ordered it from) and basically they said they couldn't do anything because they don't guarantee that newer models will ship and that they can't check guns before they ship for accuracy.  They also can't take the gun back since there technically were no defects with the rifle itself.

Do you guys think CZ would be willing to swap the barrel for me?  Buds couldn't do anything, so my only hope at this point is CZ taking care of it.  It appears that what happened was a older 527 was thrown in a box and mistaken for the newer model, which is 03004: http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-lux-223-rem/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:08:13 PM by Zeebz »

Offline Tok36

Re: Ordered a CZ 527 Lux with 1:9 twist, got a 527 with the 1:12 twist
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »
There is only one way to find out for sure, i would definitely contact CZ USA. I am a bit surprised that Buds will not facilitate a return given the situation. Let us know how it goes.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Zeebz

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
Will do.  Going to give them a call on Monday.  I was surprised as well because Buds has always been great for me.  They pretty much said there wasn't an actual problem with the rifle itself so they couldn't take it back.  I ordered a 527 Lux and got a 527 Lux, just somehow it ended up being the old model.  They did say though that they were surprised it was not the newer model, but still they couldn't help me because that's how the gun/box came from the factory.

I don't necessarily want a whole new gun, just hoping that CZ would be able to swap the barrel for me.  The manufacture year doesn't really bother me all that much, my main concern is just having the 1:9" barrel.

I guess my other question, do I call the warranty center or just their regular CS line?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:48:16 PM by Zeebz »

Offline rr7135

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »
Zeebz:

I would call the warranty line.  I just bought a new 527 Carbine (.223) last month.  It does have the 1:9 barrel but was made in March of 2015.  My favorite gun purchase so far!!  I think CZ will take care of your problem!!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »
If the model and serial number indicate that you should have a 1 in 9 twist barrel, I would absolutely expect CZ to make it right. No surprise that Bud's won't do anything for you. If they were serious about customer satisfaction, they'd call CZ for you and facilitate a solution.

Offline Quail_hunter

• Interested in Clay shooting, target and IPSC. Hunting when free from a busy professional life.
Ordered a CZ 527 Lux with 1:9 twist, got a 527 with the 1:12 twist
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 08:05:11 AM »
The power of social media is tremendous.
I paste here the link to the cz us Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/czusafirearms/

And here is the link to bud's gun page

https://www.facebook.com/BudsTN/

I suggest making a post there with your story.

They will come running to your rescue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:06:54 AM by Quail_hunter »

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »
There is only one way to find out for sure, i would definitely contact CZ USA. I am a bit surprised that Buds will not facilitate a return given the situation. Let us know how it goes.
I'm not that surprised that Bud's was no help because he took possession. It might have been different if he refused the rifle. I agree CZ should, and will, take care of it
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Zeebz

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 02:21:53 PM »
I'm not that surprised that Bud's was no help because he took possession. It might have been different if he refused the rifle. I agree CZ should, and will, take care of it

From how it sounded, if I refused the rifle I'd have to pay the 10% restocking fee because it'd be considered a return.  Buds pretty much said that I got the rifle I ordered and that because there were no physical or mechanical defects with it that they can't do anything for me.  They stated that they cannot control whether or not I get an older or newer model and that they're not allowed to open boxes and evaluate guns before they ship, so even if I ordered a new one there'd be no guarantee I get the current model.  Now it is annoying because on Bud's website it was stated as the newer, 1:9 twist model.  Now, in their defense the box the gun came in stated that as well.  Here's the listing on Buds for the gun I ordered: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_36_63_971/products_id/719003807/CZU+527+LUX+223+23.5+5RD

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
The power of social media is tremendous.
I paste here the link to the cz us Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/czusafirearms/

And here is the link to bud's gun page

https://www.facebook.com/BudsTN/

I suggest making a post there with your story.

They will come running to your rescue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suggest you do none of the above until you have spoken to CZ-USA directly.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline painter

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 03:22:17 PM »

From how it sounded, if I refused the rifle I'd have to pay the 10% restocking fee because it'd be considered a return.  Buds pretty much said that I got the rifle I ordered and that because there were no physical or mechanical defects with it that they can't do anything for me.  They stated that they cannot control whether or not I get an older or newer model and that they're not allowed to open boxes and evaluate guns before they ship, so even if I ordered a new one there'd be no guarantee I get the current model.  Now it is annoying because on Bud's website it was stated as the newer, 1:9 twist model.  Now, in their defense the box the gun came in stated that as well.  Here's the listing on Buds for the gun I ordered: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_36_63_971/products_id/719003807/CZU+527+LUX+223+23.5+5RD
I disagree that you got the rifle you ordered, but that would be an argument to take up with Bud's, but only before transfer.

I do think CZ will take care of it. The box was mis-labeled.

I agree with Grendel. Make your call to CZ and plead your case like a gentleman. I wouldn't play the facebook game.

but not the ability.

Zeebz

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »

I disagree that you got the rifle you ordered, but that would be an argument to take up with Bud's, but only before transfer.

I do think CZ will take care of it. The box was mis-labeled.

I agree with Grendel. Make your call to CZ and plead your case like a gentleman. I wouldn't play the facebook game.

I agree with you.  I ordered model 03004, I got model 03003.  I tried to explain that to Buds in my email, but their argument was that it is the same exact gun (a 527 Lux) and again, they can't control whether or not I get an older or newer model.  I tried to tell them that the gun listed on the website specifically states it is the newer model, but they repeated the same "we can't control what model you get" comment.

And I agree on the FB thing as well.  I'm just going to give CZ-USA a call tomorrow and see what they can do.  I'll post back here after I talk to them and let everyone know how it goes.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:22 PM »
I'd be surprised if they didn't help.  8)
I hear Buds is usually very good, but I have never ordered from there, so I don't know anything first hand.

Zeebz

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 10:28:55 AM »
Talked to CZ this morning.  The gentleman on the phone was very helpful and said they'd take care of it for me.  He ran my serial number and said that indeed I should have the newer 527 Lux with the 1:9" twist barrel, so it was very odd that I somehow got the older model with the 1:12" twist.

Offline painter

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »
Glad to hear that CZ acted as expected.

but not the ability.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 02:28:22 PM »
Good deal, thank you for the follow up.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

anything