Author Topic: P07 lanyard loop?  (Read 745 times)

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
Re: P07 lanyard loop?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 07:18:10 AM »
I don't get it.  Seriously... why is this necessary?  Looks horrible and completely useless. Perhaps you can convince me otherwise.

The biggest plus is ease of takedown...
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 08:07:43 AM »
I fish from a kayak (not often enough, believe me).  It's handy to be able to attach a lanyard from my belt to my P07.  Hopefully I won't fall off (sit on top fishing kayak) and my P07 won't work it's way out of the holster, but if either happens I can grab the lanyard and pull the pistol back to me rather than cry over a lost P07 and RMR.

I don't ride the ATVs anymore (my ATV riding buddies are mostly gone now, just a couple of them left on this side of the dirt) but this is another activity where a lanyard would be useful. 

You know, back in the early days of the 1911, even the magazines had lanyard loops on them.  At that time the US Army still had horse mounted (cavalry) troops and the lanyards were seen as a necessary thing.

With the extended magazine bases on the pistols I usually carry the lanyard loop is well below (above??) the base of the magazine anyway and never comes in contact with my hand/fingers.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »
Thank you. :). Good to know. Still looking for vid now. If not, will take to gunsmith. Would be perfect now if I can find night sights for them to do all in one shot. :)

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

The video is just a few posts down from here.  It's called "How to change the backstrap" or something of the sort.

anything