Author Topic: P07 lanyard loop?  (Read 3589 times)

Offline pookieguy

P07 lanyard loop?
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »
Hi,
Just got a CZ P07 and love it.  The only thing I don't like is this loop at the bottom that appears to be part of the hammer spring.

Does anyone like CZcustom sell a flat replacement part?  I can't find one and I will not take out my Dremel to try and get rid of it.

I just want it gone...Pointless and does not look good.

Thanks

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
Re: P07 lanyard loop?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:13:02 PM »
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »
Thank you very much. So the hammer spring plug is what I'm referring to?  Can't tell by that picture. Also, how difficult is it to replace?  Should I take to gunsmith?

Thanks again for quick response.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:25:31 PM »
It's simple to replace.  Somewhere just a little further down in this section, there's a video showing how to replace the back strap.  It shows how to remove it and replace it.

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Thanks!  I did a search on this forum and can't find the video...just other posts regarding it.

If anyone can provide a link, it would be much appreciated.  I'll order the part now.

Thanks again!

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »
It is simple. Place the loop against a table top and apply some pressure while pushing on the pin.
I will say a lanyard less part fits below flush and it is a little tricky to get it pushed up enough to line up the pin.
After fighting it I drilled a small bolt into the top of my work bench, out of the way, to use to push the part against while lining up the pin.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »
Hi,
Just got a CZ P07 and love it.  The only thing I don't like is this loop at the bottom that appears to be part of the hammer spring.

Thanks

I like the lanyard loop enough to have out them on all my guns that didn't come with them. I like the old school mil-spec look and that loop is handy for removing the mainspring plug as well.

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »
Oldfrank,
Thanks for the ok info but honestly, I lost you. Lol. I meant simple as field stripping the gun. Sounds a bit more complicated. Also, if I order this flush part, will it affect the gun in any way?  I need to confirm this because it shoots flawlessly right now!!

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 07:48:48 PM »
Oldfrank,
Thanks for the ok info but honestly, I lost you. Lol. I meant simple as field stripping the gun. Sounds a bit more complicated. Also, if I order this flush part, will it affect the gun in any way?  I need to confirm this because it shoots flawlessly right now!!

No functional change - except you won't be able to use a lanyard ;-)

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 07:52:21 PM »
Thank you. :). Good to know. Still looking for vid now. If not, will take to gunsmith. Would be perfect now if I can find night sights for them to do all in one shot. :)

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 08:02:38 PM »
Thank you. :). Good to know. Still looking for vid now. If not, will take to gunsmith. Would be perfect now if I can find night sights for them to do all in one shot. :)

@ 1:40 for disassembly. Assembly is a bit trickier with the flat plug because the plug has to be pushed in a bit for the retaining pin to go through the holes.

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:09 PM »
Thank you for link. As long as it doesn't affect functionality in any way as you stated, I'll pick one up.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »
Hi,

Thanks

I like the lanyard loop enough to have out them on all my guns that didn't come with them. I like the old school mil-spec look and that loop is handy for removing the mainspring plug as well.

Oh yeah.  When I buy parts for a new pistol one of the things I order is a lanyard loop/plug.  The P09 came with one but the P07, the CZ 85 and the Compacts had the flat ones when they came home from the store, but not anymore.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline pookieguy

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:02 PM »
I don't get it.  Seriously... why is this necessary?  Looks horrible and completely useless. Perhaps you can convince me otherwise.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 05:51:35 AM »
I don't get it.  Seriously... why is this necessary?  Looks horrible and completely useless. Perhaps you can convince me otherwise.

The loop looks great and is fully functional for it's intended purpose. Maybe take the time to read about the purpose of the lanyard loop in firearms history.
I like it-MY OPINION.
You don't like it-YOUR OPINION.