Author Topic: Shoot out between Sig P226 and CZ75BD 9mm reduxd  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Superlow1200T

Shoot out between Sig P226 and CZ75BD 9mm reduxd
« on: March 19, 2017, 08:16:09 PM »
Actually did the shoot out today.  My buddy had the Sig P226 (the one with the anchor) and I had my new CZ75BD 9mm with the Tru-Glo FO/Tritium combination sights.  My CZ has had a trigger job from West Coast Gun Works, and I am completely happy with their work.

Observations.

My friend's Sig seems to have the sights such that the front sight Tritium dot must be higher than the rear sight dots.  Otherwise the gun shoots low, even when shooting "combat style" where the front sight dot is placed over the bull's-eye.  Once you get the sight picture in your mind with the front sight slightly higher than the two dots of the rear sight, no problem.

The SIG is bigger than the CZ but weighs one ounce less: 35.3 oz for the CZ and 34 oz for the SIG.  Despite the SIG being slightly "larger."

Both of us shot the CZ somewhat more accurately than the SIG.  Not sure why.  My best grouping with the SIG was, however, about the same as my best grouping with the CZ.  If I had to spitball here I would say that both guns are similarly accurate.

The CZ felt better balanced to me, perhaps because it is all-steel.  This comment is entirely subjective.  Both guns are fun to shoot and handle the 9mm round fine.

The SIG is about $400 more than the CZ here in Soviet California.  However, my CZ had a $200 sight and trigger job, plus the Tru-Glo sight was around $100, so really the price was within $100 as between the two pistols.  The SIG was entirely stock, and it comes stock with very nice Tritium night sights.  The CZ phosphorous sights had to go; I don't like them.

Both guns had very nice triggers.  My CZ of course had a trigger job from West Coast Gun Works.

Anyway, it was a fun time at the range with these two fine 9mm guns.  Me, I'm very happy with my CZ75 BD!
The difference between a citizen and a civilian is that the citizen makes the safety of the body politic his personal responsibility -- protecting it with his life.  The civilian does not.

Offline K3JB

Re: Shoot out between Sig P226 and CZ75BD 9mm reduxd
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »
I had a similar experience with my PO-1 and a friend with his Sig P320c at my range. I liked his P320c and he liked my PO-1.
I have a Kadet for the PO-1 which was the big hit for the Sig shooter. He could not believe how accurate the Kadet was and so much fun to shoot. I liked the P320c and would like to spend more time with it. He had an Apex flat trigger which fit my hand well. We will do this again, I have other CZ's he would like to try. Fun to share.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:27:36 PM »
Any discernable difference in muzzle flipbetween the two?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »
Once I'd decided to drop the M&Ps (reliability/accuracy issues - I still love the way they fit my hand) I looked at SIGs.

Off to the gun shows where I could look at, pick up, feel in my hands, ask questions, etc. and did a little bit of internet research.  I'm glad I went to the CZ P07 instead.

I was at the range one day with my oldest son and one of his friends (the day we took a bunch of different brands/calibers to let them shoot stuff and see if they could figure out what they wanted to buy when they got their concealed carry permits).  There was a guy a couple tables over shooting a SIG 9MM.  We got to talking at he was watching the boys shoot and he asked if "that thing" on the P09 .40 S&W was a laser.  I told him it was just a light and asked him if he wanted to shoot it.  It was loaded with the 135 grain hollow points sitting on a charge of Blue Dot (lots of recoil/muzzle flash) and he said he'd try it.  I handed him the pistol and let him load it and he started shooting.  When he got done I asked him if he wanted to shoot it some more and he said, "No, I shot all the rocks on the back stop and don't have any targets left."

Then I shot his SIG.  In my hands it didn't shoot like my P09.  I don't know if he left and started thinking about a P09 or not.  Might have made another convert that day.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Superlow1200T

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:33:46 AM »
Any discernable difference in muzzle flipbetween the two?

Neither gun has much muzzle flip.  The two guns do feel different with respect to recoil; can't really explain it.
The difference between a citizen and a civilian is that the citizen makes the safety of the body politic his personal responsibility -- protecting it with his life.  The civilian does not.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »
The two guns do feel different with respect to recoil; can't really explain it.

My guess, it's the Grip / Grip Angle
The CZ 75 does have one of the most natural Grip Angles of any Pistol on there
And they seem to fit one's Hand better than most any other
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Superlow1200T

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 10:50:11 AM »
The two guns do feel different with respect to recoil; can't really explain it.

My guess, it's the Grip / Grip Angle
The CZ 75 does have one of the most natural Grip Angles of any Pistol on there
And they seem to fit one's Hand better than most any other

I had not thought of that.  My guess is that you are correct.  Both guns handled the recoil and "flip" very well.

anything