Author Topic: So...shipping weirdness  (Read 1236 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
So...shipping weirdness
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
Just saying, package leaves Abilene, Texas, heading for Arizona...and takes a detour to Spartanburg, South Carolina? Hmm....

No, not saying what's IN the package just yet, gonna wait for it to get here. All I will say it isn't for me and it isn't what you think. ;)

Offline eastman

Re: So...shipping weirdness
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
All part of this "March Madness" everyone keeps talking about  ;D
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:00:36 AM »
Shipping delays kill me. I ordered a Vedder holster last week. It was supposed to be here Friday. USPS web site said it left New Orleans Thursday night, which would've had it land in OKC that night and make it to me Friday. Friday came and went, no holster. Then Friday night USPS web site said it was received in OKC. I guess the plane just flew around in circles for 24 hours. Finally got the holster Saturday. No great loss, but man do I hate waiting. I'm like a little kid waiting for my toys to arrive. You'd think I would've gotten a little more mellow by age 58, but I guess not.

Offline copemech

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 01:46:48 AM »
This is why they should not give out tracking info. You will get it when it gets there! Be patient O0

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:05:26 AM »

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 06:31:01 AM »
Snail Mail...
I sold a gun on this forum and the purchaser sent the check Priority Mail. Nine days later I received the check. I was glad he saw the tracking so I wasn't blamed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:51:45 AM by Firemanjones »
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline John A.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
I've had packages delayed for 2 weeks or a little more before.

Not long ago, I had a package circle the eastern half of the US not once, but TWICE.  And some of the locations, the package arrived and departed the same hub both times.

When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline MontanaCZ

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »
This winter, I sent my mother her birthday package, priority mail, to a town that is 135 miles away.  Six weeks later it had traversed clear down to Denver, and all over the place.  Noticed on tracking that it was sitting in a PO somewhere, called my PO and had them put it in a package back to me.  A few days later it arrived back here.  Sheesh!!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »
It's still sitting in Spartanburg, South Carolina, (I don't even know anyone in Spartanburg!), and is still listed as being delivered tomorrow.THIS is gotta see!

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:04 AM »
I sold one of my CZ's a couple of months ago to a guy in Starr, Idaho. My FFL, in a small suburb of San Antonio, TX, sent it out on a Saturday. It's journey took it to NEW JERSEY, before it turned around and went to  WASHINGTON and then on to IDAHO. And we wonder why USPS is always so close to bankruptcy.

Otto

Offline villdetwink

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 10:28:58 AM »
I shipped a pistol from ID to AZ last week..was detoured to Bismark, ND...then seemly lost in the mix up, website didn't update for a couple days.
Didn't arrive at the buyers FFL until yesterday evening.

I generally have positive results using Priority Mail, but sometimes they really screw it up!

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
Yup I sent a small repair job back to its owner. He lives in Surprise AZ and I live in Mesa AZ. We are about 50 miles apart. Package went to the phoenix hub and then stopped for a few days. Then it went to San Antonio Texas, then to Aurora Colorado before making its way to surprise. Its a 40 minute drive.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
All my time in AZ and I have never been to Surprise - go through Mesa all the time, though, best bolt action gunsmith I know lives up there.  8)

FedEx suddenly update the site, it's here and out for delivery today...computer glitch or the fastest truck ever, over 2000 miles in 12 hours. ;)

Offline skin

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 03:25:32 PM »
 You  can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat. If you don't eat your meat, how can you have your pudding? I retired from usps (pronounced up us) in May. You wouldn't believe the things I've seen. Seems to be getting worse.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »
Someone had a Pink Floyd flashback - I remember when The Wall was released....
Delivered! Off to pick it up with the intended recipient tomorrow!  8)