Author Topic: CZ TS .40 Owners!!!  (Read 1209 times)

Offline frgood

CZ TS .40 Owners!!!
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »
What did you do with those recoil buffers found in the little bag O'parts?

There was not one installed and I have had a year (~4000 rounds) of fine fine shooting. I just replaced the recoil spring when the ejected round started hitting my forehead. I did not even notice the buffers until I was poking around the case.

Do you use the recoil buffers and what problem do the buffers solve?
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

Offline frgood

Re: CZ TS .40 Owners!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »
Not sure why this was moved the CZ 75 Tactical Sport .40 (SKU 91171) & 9mm is not an SP-01 Variant that I know of. There is a CZ sp01 Tactical (SKU 91153) with a rail and decocker. But that is a different model.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:26:47 PM »
It is a variant of the SP-01
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline StevenR

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:08:08 AM »
Most people don't use them.  They are short lived and seem to increase malfunctions.  I did not have any malfunctions, but they started falling apart before 200 rounds.

Offline frgood

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 04:32:16 AM »
Most people don't use them.  They are short lived and seem to increase malfunctions.  I did not have any malfunctions, but they started falling apart before 200 rounds.

Thanks for the infor. I will continue to keep the buffers in their bag.   

Offline frgood

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »
It is a variant of the SP-01

With all due respect my research indicates that the SP-01 is based from the Compact P-01. this line is designed for LE and Duty.
In contrast, The Tactical Sport is the most recent extension of the now defunct Sports line specifically made for IPSC (and now USPSA). The Line included the Champion, Shadow, et. al.

I do find the naming confusing as there is a tendency to assume the name 'Tactical Sport' is a misuse of the SP-01 Tactical moniker.

I would also refer to wikipedia as a reference (sic)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_75
Development of sport variants of CZ 75

The increasing popularity of the IPSC competitions in the Czech Republic led to inception of CZUB's factory team in 1992. Initially, the sport shooters were using CZ 75s and CZ 85s. Stanislav K?i??k designed a new version called CZ 75 Champion already in 1992. This version had a SA trigger, a muzzle brake and adjustable weights. 150 firearms were initially made in 9?19mm Parabellum, .40 S&W and 9?21mm. The design was further modified (i.e. the adjustable weights were eliminated, a new compensator was developed), however its main shortcoming of the same capacity as the standard CZ 75 magazines (15/16 in 9mm, 12 in .40 S&W) remained.[4]

The CZ 75 ST (Standard) and CZ 75 M (Modified) were introduced in 1998. These had a different frame from standard versions allowing for more modifications. While the ST had become very successful, M was not initially designed for use with collimator, the use of which led to limited lifespan of its frame.[4]

The popular ST version was further developed mostly with aim of prolonging its lifespan, which led to introduction of CZ 75 TS (Tactical Sports) in 2005. It uses a longer barrel (132 mm) and has also a higher weight (1,285 g) compared to the standard model. High-capacity magazines may use either 20 of the 9mm rounds or 17 of the .40 rounds. As of 2013, the model is used by the CZUB's factory shooters in the IPSC Standard division, with a custom-made version CZ 75 Tactical Sports Open being also available.[4]

In 2009, the sale of CZ 75 TS Czechmate began. The model is a development of the CZ 75 TS Open, available in 9?19mm Parabellum and 9?21mm with magazine capacity of 20 or 26 rounds. As standard, the gun is sold with US made C-More Systems' collimator. CZUB claims that its factory shooter Martin Kamen??ek had shot 150,000 rounds through the gun in 5 years, in which time he only needed to change the barrel once in order to maintain precision.[4]

Offline CzDave

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »
The Tactical sport is a completely different slide, frame and magazine than the SP-01. Can't imagine how it can be considered an SP-01 "variant" as it doesn't seem to be in any way.

I always wonder why the Tacsport, Orange, Chechmate, IPSC, etc. don't have their own forum. I never know where to look as it doesn't fit in any of the categories listed.

They deserve their own forum, imo.